Slow Cooker Flank Steak is cooked to perfection every time — no need for constant temperature checks! Using your crockpot is a simple, no-fuss way to enjoy a lean cut of beef that’s full of flavor and melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
Cooking up a juicy piece of flank steak has never been easier!
The secret to the perfect slow cooker flank steak is marinating it in a flavorful homemade steak marinade before cooking. This not only adds flavor but also helps to tenderize the meat.
No need to worry about constantly checking the temperature or flipping the steak – just set it and forget it!
The end result? A deliciously tender and flavorful slow cooker flank steak that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
How to Make this Flank Steak Crock Pot Recipe
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Place the marinade and flank steak into the Crock Pot. Coat the steak with the marinade and flip it once before cooking.
STEP THREE: Cook the steak for about 6 hours on the low setting or 3-4 hours on high until the meat becomes very tender.
STEP FOUR: Once cooked, carefully move the steak to a cutting board. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice it against the grain and serve.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Flank Steak
Variations for Flank Steak Crock Pot Recipes
- Fresh herbs elevate both the flavor and aroma of your marinade! Try rosemary, thyme, or basil — just be sure they don’t sneak their way into the slow cooker.
- Marinade the steak before cooking. If you have time — place the marinade and steak in a Ziploc bag and marinade it for 2 to 12 hours in the fridge.
- A simple seasoning of salt and pepper is plenty for the marinade, but steak seasoning is a great alternative that can kick your flank steak in the crock pot up a notch.
- Switch up the flavor for this crock pot flank steak recipe! By experimenting with various marinades, such as sweet and savory teriyaki, zesty chimichurri, or a refreshing lemon herb blend, you can create a perfectly personalized masterpiece.
- Experiment with the acidity by choosing from various types of vinegar, such as deep and rich balsamic, robust red wine vinegar, or tangy apple cider vinegar. They each add a unique flavor to your marinade.
More Slow cooker Beef Recipes
- Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- Slow Cooker London Broil
- Crock Pot Skirt Steak
- Slow Cooker Steak Cubes
- Crock Pot Tri Tip
How Can I Keep My Crock Pot Flank Steak from Getting Chewy?
Chewy steaks are typically due to overcooking. But in the case of a slow cooker, it’s actually because the steak is undercooked!
Give the flank steak the full 6 hours to cook on low, then check to see if it needs more time — it can take up to 8 hours, depending on the size of the steak. If you need it done sooner, then you’ll need to cook it on high instead.
It’s also important to cut against the grain for tender slices. Find the lines that run throughout the meat, then cut across them with your knife. This shortens the fibers, making the beef easier to chew.
What’s the Difference Between Flank Steak and Skirt Steak?
While both are flavorful cuts, skirt steak is thinner and cooks quickly, while flank steak is thicker and benefits from longer, slow cooking.
This extended cooking time allows the fibers of the meat to break down properly, resulting in a tender and succulent dish.
How Can I Store Slow Cooker Flank Steak?
Keep leftover slices of cooked flank steak in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze flank steak for up to 3 months. Wrap in a layer of plastic wrap or foil, then store in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
It’s best to reheat steak slowly on the stovetop with a splash of liquid so it doesn’t overcook. If you must use the microwave, heat at 50% power in 30-second bursts until warmed through.
More Steak Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Flank Steak
- Instant Pot Flank Steak
- Steak Fajitas
- 45 Juicy Steak Dinner Ideas
- 25 Ways to Use Leftover Steak
- 1.5-2 pounds flank steak
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup neutral cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, oil, honey, worcestershire, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Place the flank steak and marinade ingredients in the slow cooker and flip the steak once or twice to coat the steak.
- Cook undisturbed for 6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high until very tender.
- When the cooking time is done, carefully transfer the steak to a cutting board, slicing it against the grain and serving as desired.
You can marinade the steak overnight by placing the marinade ingredients and steak in a Ziploc bag.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 63g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.