Crispy French Fries topped with bacon, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and ranch make these bacon cheese fries an incredible crunchy appetizer.
We always see and eat french fries with cheese and bacon at restaurants, and they are a crispy, oven-baked, pile of heaven in your mouth. Turns out they are incredibly easy to make at home.
This recipe only requires 6 ingredients and takes less than 7 minutes once your normal fries are made. Seven extra minutes to enjoy cheesy fries with bacon?! That’s a yes in my book!
How to Make Bacon Cheese Fries
STEP ONE: Cook your French fries according to the package.
STEP TWO: Slice the green onions into small slices, separating the white and green parts.
STEP THREE: Once the french fries are cooked and removed from the oven, spread them out as evenly as possible on a baking sheet.
STEP FOUR: Cover the fries with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon or bacon bits, white parts of the green onion, and pickled jalapenos.
STEP FIVE: Place the bacon cheese fries in the oven on broil until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
STEP SIX: Remove the bacon cheddar fries from the oven and top with the green parts of the green onions. Drizzle ranch dressing on top if desired or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
Variations and Additions to Loaded French Fries
- Swap out the melted cheese with a cheese sauce or even Velveeta
- Make homemade bacon in the air fryer and crumble them up on top
- Use curly fries, steak fries, or even waffle fries instead of normal french fries
- Swap out the ranch dressing for sour cream, BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, or blue cheese dressing.
Tips to Get The Best Bacon Cheddar Fries
- Make extra crispy french fries by making them in the air fryer (you can even make frozen french fries in the air fryer too!)
- Use more cheese than you think you need — the melted cheese will fall through the crevices of the fries
- Add even more bacon — because everything is better than bacon
- Keep an eye on the broiler — a broiler can work fast, so watch the cheesy fries closely so they do not burn
- Swap or skip any ingredient you do not like — bacon cheddar fries are even better when you love all the ingredients included. This recipe won’t make you magically like ranch or jalapenos, so swap or skip them if you don’t like them
Is Poutine the Same as Loaded Fries?
No! While poutine is another loved fry dish, it is topped with different ingredients than loaded french fries (called chips in other countries).
Poutine is french fries covered in gravy and cheese curds while loaded fries are typically topped with cheese, bacon, and more.
Where are Bacon Cheese Fries From?
Cheesy bacon fries is an all-American food being invented and served in the United States.
A lot of restaurants and fast-food chains have added bacon cheese fries to their menu for a limited time, including McDonald’s and Wendy’s.
Other Bacon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Loaded Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Instant Pot Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
More Cheesy Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak
- Garlic Cheese Bread
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesy Tomato Bake
- 1 pound frozen french fries (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions
- 20-25 slices of pickled jalapeno peppers
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup ranch for drizzling on top or as a dipping sauce (optional)
- Make fries per directions on bag or using the Air Fryer French Fries recipe.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Chop the green onions, separating the white and green parts.
- Layer fries on a baking sheet and top with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, jalapenos, and the whites of the green onion.
- Broil the loaded pub fries until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining part of the green onion and ranch if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
Air Fryer Directions
1. Make the French fries according to the directions above.
2. Lay aluminum foil on the bottom of your air fryer and spread the fries evenly topping them with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, jalapenos, and whites of the green onion.**
3. Cook at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
4. Serve immediately.
**You may need to cook in batches with multiple sheets of aluminum foil if you have a smaller air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1957mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.