We always see and eat loaded pub fries at restaurants, and they are a crispy, oven-baked, pile of heaven in your mouth. Turns out they are incredibly easy to make at home.
This recipe only requires 6 ingredients and takes less than 7 minutes once your normal fries are made. Seven extra minutes to enjoy bacon cheese and ranch fries? That’s a yes in my book!
How to Make the Loaded Pub Fries
Cook the French fries according to the directions on the bag. I love making them these loaded cheese fries with homemade Air Fryer French Fries. They have the same crispy taste as normal French fries, but with just 1 tablespoon of oil.
You can also use frozen French fries with this recipe baked in your oven or air fryer.
Slice the green onions into small slices, separating the white and green parts.
Once the fries are cooked, spread them out as evenly as possible on a baking sheet (keep reading for specific air fryer directions).
Cover the fries with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, white parts of the green onion, and pickled jalapenos.
Place loaded pub fries baking sheet in the oven on broil until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with the green parts of the green onions.
Drizzle ranch on top if desired or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
How to Make These Loaded Cheese Fries in an Air Fryer
Make Air Fryer French Fries according to directions. If using frozen French fries, follow the oven directions on the package, but lower the temperature by 50 degrees and cook for less time.
Once cooked, place aluminum foil on the bottom of the air fryer basket and place fries inside. You may need to do this part in batches to ensure there are enough toppings on all the fries.
Add the shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, white parts of the green onions, and jalapenos on top.
This Air Fryer Bacon recipe is amazing to use on these Loaded Pub Fries and it shows you how to make the bacon extra crispy for recipes like this!
Cook the cheese fries in the air fryer for about 3 minutes on 400 degrees until cheese is melted.
Remove aluminum foil with fries on top and serve immediately.
Place new aluminum foil down and repeat if cooking in batches.
Where are Cheese Fries From?
Cheese Fries is an all-American food being invented and served in the United States.
A lot of restaurants and fast-food chains have added bacon cheese fries to their menu, with McDonald’s just recently adding them to their menu.
This recipe is intended to be a healthier variety with much crispier results.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 pound of potatoes (approximately 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions
- 20-25 slices of pickled jalapeno peppers
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup ranch for drizzling on top or as a dipping sauce (optional)
- Make fries per directions on bag or using the Air Fryer French Fries recipe.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Chop the green onions, separating the white and green parts.
- Layer fries on a baking sheet and top with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, jalapenos, and the whites of the green onion.
- Broil the loaded pub fries until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining part of the green onion and ranch if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
*See below for air fryer directions
*Air Fryer Directions
1. Make the French fries according to directions above.
2. Lay aluminum foil on the bottom of your air fryer and spread the fries evenly topping them with cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, jalapenos, and whites of the green onion.**
3. Cook at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
4. Serve immediately.
**You may need to cook in batches with multiple sheets of aluminum foil if you have a smaller air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1957mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.