Looking for a hearty twist on cabbage? Air fryer cabbage steaks are the answer! Tender, flavorful, with a touch of crispness — it’s veggie heaven.
Remember when cabbage was just that leafy vegetable often sidelined to coleslaw or made into a haphazard wedge salad? Well, I’m here to tell you that air fryer cabbage is about to change all of that!
I love cooking vegetables in the air fryer and cabbage isn’t the only one. Asparagus, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower, and even carrots all taste delicious when air fried. I even put together my own list of vegetables to air fry!
Sliced into hearty steaks and seasoned to perfection, cabbage becomes a mouthwatering side or even a main course.
Each steak gets wonderful crispy along the edges, nice and tender on the inside, and turns out irresistibly delicious.
The best part? This meal is ready in minutes!
Whether you’re trying to eat less meat or you’re just in the mood for a tasty, satisfying veggie dish, air fryer cabbage is about to become one of your new favorite recipes.
- Head of cabbage
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Cabbage
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place a cabbage steak in the air fryer basket, brush liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
STEP THREE: Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is tender with some crispy bits on the outside.
STEP FOUR: Serve air fried cabbage warm and enjoy.
What to Serve with Air Fried Cabbage
How Long to Cook Cabbage Steaks in the Air Fryer
I find that 10 minutes in the air fryer is enough time to cook the cabbage. Of course, this depends on the thickness of your cabbage.
Slice the head into ½ inch steaks. At this thickness, they get crispy outside without over- or undercooking inside.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks
- Slice your cabbage evenly into ½ inch steaks. Too thick and they won’t cook evenly, but too thin and they could get mushy.
- A liberal brush of olive oil enhances the flavor and helps the cabbage get crispy on the edges.
- Add plenty of seasoning to give your cabbage that pop of satisfying flavor that will keep you coming back for more!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. I usually cook one or two cabbage steaks at a time. Because they only take ten minutes, it’s easy to cook them in batches.
- Top your cabbage wedges with balsamic vinegar, ranch, and bacon crumbles, or enjoy them as-is!
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced into 0.5” “steaks”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place a cabbage steak in the air fryer basket, brush liberally with olive oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes or until the cabbage is tender with some crispy bits on the outside.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 569mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.