These easy air fryer potato wedges are tossed in simple seasonings, air fried to crispy perfection, then finished with Parmesan for an irresistible side dish!
These crispy air fryer potato wedges are wonderfully crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and perfectly seasoned with simple spices and Parmesan.
They’re irresistibly good! And once you see how easy they are, you’ll want to make them all the time.
The trick to this recipe is letting the wedges soak for about half an hour. After that, toss them in the oil and seasonings, throw them in the air fryer for about 15 minutes, finish with Parmesan, and you’re ready to serve!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make the best crispy homemade potato wedges in the air fryer
- The reason we always soak potatoes for this dish
- Other variations of this recipe to try
- What to serve with crispy air fryer potato wedges
- How to reheat leftover potato wedges in the air fryer
This is the kind of side dish or appetizer that will be loved by kids and adults alike!
The seasoning and fresh parsley adds a little sophistication, but they still have all the crunchy goodness of good ole French fries. They’re great for pretty much any occasion!
How to Make Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Thoroughly wash the potatoes, then cut them into wedges.
STEP TWO: Place the wedges in a large bowl, ensuring the potatoes are covered with water, then top with ice. Let them soak in the ice bath for 30 minutes.
STEP THREE: Drain and pat the wedges dry with paper towels.
STEP FOUR: Place the wedges in a dry bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
STEP FIVE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the seasoned wedges in the basket in a single layer.
STEP SIX: Cook for 15 minutes, flipping the wedges every 5 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Once cooked to your desired crispiness, remove the wedges and toss them with the Parmesan. Garnish with fresh parsley.
STEP EIGHT: Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to Cut Potatoes into Wedges
To get that classic wedge shape, start by cutting the potatoes lengthwise. Next, lay the halves on the flat side and cut them again lengthwise.
Finally, cut them once more lengthwise, and you’ll have perfect wedges ready to go!
Why Do You Soak Potatoes in Water Before Air Frying?
This step is all about getting the crispiest air fryer potato wedges possible. Even if you’re pressed for time, you definitely don’t want to skip it!
At high temperatures, starch will leak out of potatoes and form a layer on the outside. This can act as a barrier between the wedges and the hot air of the air fryer, preventing them from crisping up.
By soaking the wedges in an ice bath, we can draw some of that excess starch out of the potatoes before cooking them.
That way, the hot air can adequately reach the outside of the wedges and give us that perfect crunch we all crave!
Other Variations to Try
This simple garlic Parmesan with smoked paprika blend is my go-to. It’s so easy and so good!
But if you want to switch up your flavors, you could try using Old Bay, Italian seasoning, cumin, lemon pepper, or anything else that sounds tasty.
Don’t have russet potatoes on hand? Yukon gold or red potatoes will work just as well for this recipe!
Want to really up the crispiness? Try sprinkling a little cornstarch over the wedges before placing them in the air fryer. This will give the potatoes a very thin crust that will make each bite oh-so-crunchy.
In the mood for some extra cheesy goodness? Throw on even more Parmesan or feel free to swap it out for any other variety of shredded cheese you like!
What to Serve with Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Salmon
- Frozen Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Steak
- Instant Pot Tilapia Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Southwest Chicken Wrap
Tips to Make These Crispy Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Always soak the potato wedges for at least half an hour. This will draw out the starch so the wedges can reach their maximum crispiness.
- Lay the homemade potato wedges in the air fryer basket in a single layer with a bit of space between each one so the hot air can properly circulate.
- For even crispier wedges, sprinkle them with cornstarch before air frying.
How to Reheat Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the leftover potato wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook them for 3-5 minutes or until the wedges have crisped back up and are heated through.
Other Air Fryer Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fried French Fries
- Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside, perfectly-seasoned air fryer potato wedges are the easy side you’ve been looking for! The texture and flavor are absolutely crave-worthy.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- optional: 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes. Cut them into wedges. Do this by cutting them lengthwise, then lay them on the flat side and cut them again lengthwise, cut once more lengthwise.
- Place them in a large bowl, covering the potatoes with water and then topping it with ice. Let them soak in the ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wedges from the ice bath and pat dry with paper towels. Place them back in a bowl and drizzle them with olive oil and the seasonings: garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and place the seasoned wedges in the basket in a single layer. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping them regularly, about every 5 minutes.
- Once they are cooked to desired crispiness, remove the wedges and toss them with the parmesan and garnish with parsley.
- Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to reheat potato wedges:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook potato wedges until the desired crispiness has been reached.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.