Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, air fryer baby potatoes are prepared with just a few simple ingredients – and done in under 20 minutes!
This air fryer recipe is one of my favorite baby potato recipes for dinner due to how quick they cook. They even reheat perfectly for tomorrow’s dinner too!
Air fryer baby potatoes (also known as creamer potatoes, petite potatoes, or new potatoes) cook up with a crispy skin while staying fluffy on the inside. It’s similar to roasting potatoes in the oven, but so much faster!
You can use gold potatoes or baby red potatoes in the air fryer for this easy recipe!
You don’t even need to worry about peeling your baby potatoes before you begin – in fact, the crispy skin is my favorite part of this recipe!
How to Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Rinse the baby potatoes and dry them off with a paper towel.
STEP TWO: Toss the whole baby potatoes, melted butter, oregano, and sea salt in a large bowl and mix.
STEP THREE: Place the baby potatoes in the air fryer and cook for 13-15 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through cooking.
Tips For the Best Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Preheat your air fryer to make sure the skins on the air fried baby potatoes get nice and crispy
- Dry your mini potatoes off completely to ensure the oil sticks to the skins and get crispy
- Your air fryer golden potatoes are done when you can easily poke them with a fork
- Use the oil needed to get a crispy golden brown potato –Using no oil can make the potatoes dry
- Air fry baby potatoes in a single layer to allow them to cook evenly
How to Store Baby Potatoes
Store leftover baby potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can use the reheating directions below to cook up the leftovers!
Do I Need to Soak My Potatoes Before Air Frying?
No! When you air fry baby potatoes, you don’t need to soak them in water.
They work great with just being rinsed and dried. It gives them crispy skin while keeping the insides fluffy.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Golden Potatoes
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken
- Beef Wellington
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Flank Steak
Variations to Air Frying Baby Potatoes
- Use baby red potatoes in the air fryer and cook them using the same directions
- Add minced garlic or garlic powder to turn these into roasted garlic potatoes
- Season potatoes with more dried or fresh herbs, such as Italian seasoning, rosemary, or fresh parsley
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese or sour cream to the potato gems after cooking for some added flavor
- Add cajun seasoning for a nice kick
- Halve the little potatoes and add ranch seasoning like in my air fryer ranch potatoes recipe
- Add some carrots to the recipe — carrots cook around the same time, so drop the temperature to my air fryer carrots recipe and add potatoes to the mix
How Long To Cook Baby Potatoes in the air Fryer
Small raw baby potatoes will cook in just 14 to 16 minutes in a preheated air fryer.
Larger potatoes will take a few minutes longer, while baked potatoes, such as russet potatoes can take up to an hour depending on size.
How Do I Reheat Baby Potatoes in the Air Fryer?
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the leftover baby potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
You may need to add a little more salt to the potatoes to recreate the same flavor as day one.
More Baby Potato Recipes For Dinner
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Dutch Oven Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
Here are some more air fryer vegetable recipes to try too!
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Roasted air fryer baby potatoes are cooked to perfection in this easy flavorful air fryer side dish.
- 1 pound baby potatoes, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Combine whole baby potatoes, melted butter, oregano, and sea salt in a bowl.
- Add baby potatoes to the air fryer and cook for 14-16 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Shake basket halfway through.
- Carefully remove potatoes from the air fryer and enjoy immediately.
How to Reheat Baby Potatoes in the Air Fryer:
Cook potatoes in a preheated air fryer at 400 degrees for 3-4 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
3 thoughts on “Air Fryer Baby Potatoes”
Thank you for all the Air Fryer recipes.
I cooked my baby potatoes for 15 minutes. They were really good but were just like baked potatoes. We were looking forward to crispy outsides. Any suggestions?
Hi Karen, I recommend cooking the baby potatoes all in one layer and spread out. Having the skins exposed to the circulated air is what makes them get crispy. If they are stacked in the air fryer or all touching I found they turn out less crispy on the outside.