Craving something crispy, garlicky, and delicious? Try these easy air fryer red potatoes! They’re ready in less than 30 minutes and go perfectly with any meal.
Looking for a quick, easy, and utterly delicious side dish? Air fryer red potatoes are a game-changer for busy weeknights, leisurely weekend breakfasts, and everything in between!
These small red potatoes, sometimes known as red skin potatoes or baby red potatoes, are fried to crispy, golden perfection thanks to the magic of the air fryer. And I love how they’re bursting with garlicky flavor.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. Just slice the potatoes, toss the pieces with the remaining ingredients, and let the air fryer handle the rest. Whether you’re serving them up for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, air fried red potatoes turn out crispy and flavorful every time!
How to Make Air Fryer Red Potatoes
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a larger bowl, add the cut potatoes followed by the olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil and seasoning
STEP THREE: Place the red potatoes in the air fryer in a single layer.
STEP FOUR: Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, or until they are crispy and cooked through.
STEP FIVE: Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Air Fried Red Potatoes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast
- Cast Iron Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
- Frozen Pork Loin in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Flank Steak
- Steak Cubes Crock Pot Recipe
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
How Long to Cook Red Potatoes in the Air Fryer
To achieve that irresistibly crispy exterior and soft, fluffy interior, I recommend air frying your red potatoes for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they cook, giving them a good shake halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
The precise cooking time is going to depend on your make and model of air fryer as well as how large or small you slice the potatoes. Mini or diced potatoes will cook faster than larger chunks.
Once the potatoes achieve that beautiful golden crust and can be easily pierced with a fork, they’re ready! Serve immediately for a side dish the whole family will happily devour.
Tips for Making the Best Homemade Roasted Red Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- When choosing your potatoes, opt for new potatoes or medium red-skinned potatoes for the best flavor.
- Don’t be shy with your seasonings. The Italian seasoning combined with minced garlic gives these potatoes such amazing flavor. You could also add fresh herbs like rosemary if you like!
- Always preheat your air fryer to ensure that the potatoes cook evenly and acquire a crispy crust.
- Shake the basket halfway through the cooking to help the potatoes cook evenly on all sides.
- Serve immediately! These potatoes are best enjoyed hot and fresh out of the air fryer while they are at their crispiest and most flavorful.
More Delicious Potato Side Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Stovetop Candied Sweet Potatoes
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Easy Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes
- Mexican Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Sliced Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- 2 lbs red skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F
- In a larger bowl, add the cut potatoes followed by the olive oil, minced garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil and seasoning
- Add the potatoes to the hot air fryer, then cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, or until they are crispy and cooked through.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.