Get ready for an amazing snack with these air fryer whole chicken wings! Crispy skin, juicy meat—it’s a flavor-packed delight that’s easy to make and perfect for parties, holidays, or even a simple meal.
Imagine sinking your teeth into a perfectly air fried full chicken wing—crunchy skin giving way to juicy meat that’s oh-so flavorful. Whether you’re hosting a game night, a backyard barbecue, or just satisfying a craving, these whole wings in the air fryer are here to deliver.
The magic of air frying takes these wings to a whole new level. No fuss, no mess—just easy cooking that results in irresistible crispy goodness, leaving you with a snack that’s golden, crispy, and downright addictive.
From lazy weekends to busy weeknights, these air fryer whole chicken wings are the best for every occasion. Snack on them while watching your favorite show or share them with friends during a casual get-together. Dive into the world of air fry goodness with these whole chicken wings in the air fryer!
How to Make Whole Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Let the air fryer preheat to 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: Grab a small bowl and mix the garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, and baking powder until they’re well combined.
STEP THREE: Remove any excess moisture from the wings by patting them dry with a paper towel.
STEP FOUR: Drizzle olive oil over the wings in a large bowl and toss them until they’re fully coated. Sprinkle your seasoning mix over the wings, making sure they’re nicely covered. Rub the seasoning mix in with your hands to really help it stick to the surface.
STEP FIVE: Arrange the seasoned wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for approximately 12 minutes, then flip.
STEP SIX: Air fry for another 12-15 minutes or until the wings achieve a golden brown hue and an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
STEP SEVEN: Gently transfer the crispy wings onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Allow the wings to cool for around 5 minutes, then serve with your favorite sauce!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Cajun Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Carrots
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
Variations for Whole Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Combine Dijon mustard and assorted fresh herbs for an aromatic and flavorful dipping sauce.
- Toss the wings in lemon pepper seasoning before air frying for a tangy kick.
- Sprinkle wings with garlic powder and grated parmesan for a different flavor profile.
- Pair the wings with delicious BBQ sauce for a classic combination.
More Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Bone-in Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Marinated Chicken Thighs
Can I Air Fry Frozen Chicken Wings?
Absolutely — frozen chicken wings work perfectly for this air fryer recipe. I suggest extending the cooking time by approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can thaw the wings prior to applying the seasoning.
Can I Bake Chicken Wings Instead of Air Frying?
Absolutely! Bake chicken wings at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through. For a crispier texture on all sides, place a wire rack inside of a rimmed baking sheet. Then, place the wings on the rack to cook — you won’t even need to flip them!
You can test their doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the wing and making sure it reaches 165 degrees F.
What Are the Best Seasonings for Whole Wings in the Air Fryer?
There are so many options, so feel free to experiment! Garlic and onion powder are delicious on their own, but I love the addition of lemon pepper too.
Poultry seasoning is a popular choice, as is Cajun and Creole blends if you like them spicy. Or, use your favorite Italian herbs like parsley, oregano, and rosemary.
More Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Garlic Parm Wings
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Dry Rub
- 2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, and baking powder. Mix your dry rub well.
- Pat the whole wings dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken wings, ensuring they are well coated. Use your hands to massage the seasoning mix into the wings for better flavor.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry them for 12 minutes. Open the air fryer and carefully flip the wings using tongs.
- Air fry the chicken wings for an additional 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Transfer the crispy wings to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Let the wings cool for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to settle and the wings to crisp up further.
- Serve the air fryer chicken wings with crispy skin hot with your favorite sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 320mgSodium: 509mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 54g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.