It’s so easy to make delicious garlic parmesan wings in the air fryer! Use this classic flavor combination to liven up gameday or bring everyone running to the dinner table.
Who doesn’t love crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside, bursting-with-flavor chicken wings? Once you see how easy it is to make garlic parmesan wings in the air fryer, they might become a new staple on your weekly menu!
This classic flavor combination is always a crowd-pleaser. And thanks to the air fryer, you’ll use a fraction of the oil compared to deep-frying. Now, you can enjoy healthier garlic parmesan chicken wings that taste every bit as good as traditional ones!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make garlic parmesan chicken wings in the air fryer
- The secret to getting the crispiest wings ever without drying them out
- Tips for making the best air fryer garlic parmesan wings
- How to reheat wings in the air fryer
Whether you’re cooking up a spread for game day or you just want a simple meal that the whole family will love, you can’t go wrong with air fryer garlic parm wings. Besides using way less oil, they’re also naturally low in carbs. So if you’re keto, go ahead and pour on some extra garlic butter before serving!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the wings completely dry with paper towels, then place them in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the wings, tossing to coat.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle over the wings and toss to coat completely.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add the wings in a single layer, skin side up. Cook in multiple batches to ensure the wings are not touching.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 15 minutes. Carefully flip the wings and cook for 5 to 8 more minutes.
STEP FIVE: Repeat the cooking process with the remaining wings.
STEP SIX: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the minced garlic and parmesan.
STEP SEVEN: Transfer the cooked wings from the air fryer to a large bowl. Toss with the garlic butter, garnish with parsley if desired, and serve.
How Long Does It Take to Fry Wings in an Air Fryer?
Each batch will take about 20 to 23 minutes to cook. The size of your air fryer will determine how many wings you can cook at a time and how many batches you’ll need in order to cook the full 2 pounds.
Can You Layer Wings in an Air Fryer?
No, you definitely shouldn’t stack the wings. In fact, it’s very important that you cook the wings in a single layer and make sure they aren’t touching. This ensures the hot air can circulate properly and fully crisp up the wings.
Is it Better to Use Fresh or Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer?
I highly recommend using fresh, thawed chicken for this recipe. However, if you only have frozen wings on hand, you can still whip them up in no time! Check out my article on how to make frozen chicken wings in the air fryer to see how it’s done.
What Temperature Do You Air Fry Chicken Wings?
For this recipe, I recommend setting the air fryer to 400 degrees F. It’s also important to preheat your air fryer for about 5 minutes before adding the chicken wings. This will ensure the skin gets nice and crispy while the inside cooks all the way through.
Tips to Make the Best Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Never overcrowd the basket! It’s much better to cook the wings in batches. You want there to be a little space between each wing so the hot air can properly circulate and crisp everything up.
- For the best flavor, grate your own fresh parmesan rather than using store-bought grated parmesan in the garlic butter sauce.
- Let the air fryer preheat for at least 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. This will help the wings cook evenly while giving you the crispiest skin.
How to Make Wings Even Crispier
Would you believe me if I told you the secret ingredient to making the crispiest wings ever is baking powder? It’s a game-changer!
As long as you use aluminum-free baking powder, there won’t be any aftertaste whatsoever.
If it sounds weird, just trust me and give it a try. After one bite, you’ll be a believer.
How to Reheat Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Want your leftover wings to taste just as good as when you first made them?
Follow these easy directions and check out my article How to Reheat Wings in the Air Fryer for extra tips on reheating them.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place your leftover wings in the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until heated thoroughly.
Other Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Dry Rub Wings
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- Whole Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drums and flats)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Pat the wings completely dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over them, tossing to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle over the wings and toss to coat completely.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add the wings in a single layer (skin side up) to the air fryer without touching, and cook for 15 minutes. Carefully flip the wings and cook for 5 to 8 more minutes. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining wings if needed.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the minced garlic and parmesan. Transfer the fully cooked wings from the air fryer to a large bowl, toss with the garlic butter, and serve garnished with parsley if desired.
How to Reheat Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover chicken wings in the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 1021mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.