This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
A collection of the best air fryer chicken recipes on the Internet so you can enjoy dinner again.
If you’ve ever made chicken in the air fryer, you know how juicy it comes out. Turns out you can make a whole lot of chicken recipes in there!
You can cook everything from breaded chicken, chicken wings, fried chicken, keto chicken, and even whole chickens!
It’s honestly crazy how many kinds of chicken you can make in this thing.
The best part is each piece of chicken comes out cooked perfectly. They’re tender, juicy, and some are even extra crispy on the outside!
I’ve put together a list of 40 chicken recipes that can all be made in the air fryer. Take a look below then choose and make your favorites!
A Few Notes About Cooking Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Chicken should ALWAYS be cooked until it reaches 165 degrees
- To keep chicken from getting tough, pull it out as soon as it reaches 165 degrees – I use an Instant-Read Thermometer to check this quickly
- Wet betters do not work the best in the air fryer. Using a breaded, flour, or baking powder coating will work best.
- Flipping the chicken will allow a golden brown on both sides of the chicken. The heat source is on the top, so it will always cook slightly faster!
- Always preheat your air fryer when cooking chicken. It allows the chicken to cook evenly and it will taste the best! Think of it like preheating an oven and even a pan!
Now let’s dive into some delicious air fryer chicken recipes!
Looking for even more recipes? Check out these 175 best air fryer recipes to find everything from vegetables to desserts!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins (or chicken breasts)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- If using chicken breasts, cut them into thin 1-inch strips.
- Set up the batter by putting the flour and eggs in separate bowls. Whisk the eggs.
- Fill a third bowl with panko breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Dip chicken tenderloins or breasts into flour, then the eggs, and lastly the breadcrumbs.
- Place coated chicken in the air fryer. Do not overcrowd. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until 165 degrees F at the thickest part.
- Enjoy immediately or freeze for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.