These Ninja Foodi chicken wings are perfectly spicy, crispy, and easy to make. Once you make chicken wings in the Ninja Foodi, you’ll never go back!
Ninja Foodi dry rub chicken wings are perfect for your next game, movie, or party night. And, of course, they are delicious on any night of the week.
Bursting with flavor and perfectly crispy, these Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken wings taste even better than if they were made on the grill.
Chicken wings are so versatile too! The spicy sweet dry rub used in this recipe is so yummy, but the possibilities are endless.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- All you need to make the best chicken wings in the Ninja Foodi.
- Instructions for making deliciously spicy Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken wings.
- Expert tips for getting the best crispy Ninja Foodi dry rub chicken wings.
You won’t believe how quick and easy these Ninja Foodi wings are to make. Gather your spices, bust out that air fryer and let’s do this!
I used the Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How to Make Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Unpack, pat dry, and trim your chicken wings. Use a knife to separate the drumette from the flat part of the wing. Sprinkle your trimmed wings with baking powder and set aside.
STEP TWO: Use a small bowl to combine brown sugar, salt, pepper and the rest of the seasonings, mixing to combine.
STEP THREE: Coat your wings with the spice mixture by gently rubbing to cover every piece evenly. Once seasoned, place chicken in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
STEP FOUR: Pour half a cup of water into the inner, gray bowl of the Ninja Foodi before adding the black air fryer basket. Place your chicken wings in the bottom of the basket.
STEP FIVE: Select the SteamCrisp, Steam and Crisp setting on your Ninja Foodi and set the temperature to 390 degrees F.
STEP SIX: A single layer of wings should be cooked for 15 minutes and flipped halfway through. If making two batches, your second batch will take less time. Wings should reach an internal temperature of 175 degrees F.
STEP SEVEN: Remove wings from the air fryer, serve, and enjoy!
Tips to Get the Best Crispy Ninja Foodi Wings
- Having your wings in a single layer, not overlapping, will allow for better air circulation and crispy wings. More surface area means crispy chicken skin.
- The secret ingredient in this recipe is the baking powder. Be sure to use baking powder, not baking soda, and check to make sure it is aluminum free.
- If you don’t have baking powder on hand, you can opt for a light coating of a 50/50 mixture of cornstarch and flour.
- A properly preheated and calibrated air fryer is essential. High heat equals the best crispy Ninja Foodi air fryer chicken wings.
Can You Stack Wings in an Air Fryer?
I wouldn’t recommend it! Air fryers work by quickly moving air over and around the food. Crowding your basket can lead to uneven cooking results and less-than-crispy results.
If you must stack them, be sure to flip your Ninja Foodi chicken wings often to get the best shot at consistency.
How Do You Get a Dry Rub to Stick to Chicken Wings?
Remove as much moisture as possible by patting each wing dry with paper towels. Drizzle your wings with a bit of oil to help your spices stick and then generously rub your seasoning into the surface.
Dipping Sauce Ideas for Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
Check out these dipping sauces for an added flavor kick:
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Wings in the Ninja Foodi
If needed, you can certainly use frozen chicken wings. In the most basic terms, you’ll want to set your Ninja Foodi temperature to 400 degrees F, cook a single layer of wings for 15 minutes, then flip, season, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
For more detailed instructions, check out this post: Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
How to Reheat Leftover Chicken Wings in the Ninja Foodi
This is super easy and the very best way to enjoy leftover wings. All you need to do is cook your leftover wings for 2-3 minutes in a 350 degree F air fryer, adding a bit more time as necessary.
Check out this link for more details: How to Reheat Wings in the Air Fryer
Other Chicken Wings Recipes You’ll Love:
- Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds (about 8 full wings), fresh chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (don’t use it if you don’t want spicy)
- ½ cup water
- Unpack your chicken wings. Pat dry and trim them.
- With a knife separate the drumette from the flat.
- Sprinkle the baking powder over the trimmed chicken. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix until all combined.
- Sprinkle the seasonings mixture/rub evenly on the wings. Gently rub the seasonings to coat every piece.
- Once all the chicken is coated with the spices, place back in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
- In the Ninja Foodie, in the inner bowl (gray bowl) pour ½ cup water.
- Place the air fryer basket (or crisp basket)/ black one, place the chicken wings in the bottom of the basket.
- Set the Ninja Foodie to SteamCrisp, Steam & Crisp, Set the temperature to 390 degrees F for 15 minutes. Flip them halfway through the cook.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to reheat chicken wings:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat chicken wings for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 833mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.