Want to make super crispy wings without the hassle of breading? Air fryer chicken wings with dry rub use a secret ingredient to give them an irresistible crunch!
Looking for some of the crispiest, most delicious wings you’ve ever had? Skip the hassle of breading and try these air fryer chicken wings with dry rub!
They’re perfectly seasoned for satisfying Cajun flavor in every bite. Add a little baking powder before air frying to make your wings irresistibly crispy.
Whether you’re looking for a keto option or simply don’t want to deal with all the steps of breading chicken, you’re going to love making dry rub wings in the air fryer. They’re perfect for game days, family dinners, and more!
How to Make Chicken Wings with Dry Rub in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the wings dry, then place them in a large bowl or plastic bag.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the baking powder and spices over the chicken, then toss until all of the chicken is fully coated.
STEP THREE: Working in batches, place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the wings with cooking oil spray.
STEP FOUR: Air fry at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Flip the wings, spray them with more cooking oil, and air fry for an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through.
What to Serve with Dry Rub Air Fryer Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Broccoli Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Mac and Cheese Without Milk
How Long to Cook Dry Rub Air Fryer Wings
This is going to depend on the size of your wings as well as the make and model of your air fryer.
I find that 20 minutes total, flipping at the 15-minute mark, gives me crispy and delicious wings every time!
You want the outside of the wings to be beautifully crispy and for the chicken to be cooked all the way through. If you have an Instant Read Thermometer, the wings are done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Tips for Making the Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Dry Rub
- Want to make frozen chicken wings? Start by cooking them for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F to defrost them, then follow the full recipe as usual.
- Avoid overcrowding the basket. We want the wings to be as crispy as possible, so they need plenty of room for the hot air to circulate! I always recommend working in batches.
- Flip the wings after 15 minutes of cooking, then spray the top sides with a little more cooking spray. This helps ensure the wings will be ultra crispy on all sides.
- If you don’t want spicy wings, reduce or omit the cayenne. Or, if you like some heat, feel free to use extra cayenne!
- Switch up the seasonings if you’re craving different flavors! Lemon pepper or garlic parmesan would be great options.
- Serve hot with all your favorite dipping sauces on the side!
More Air Fryer Appetizers
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese Bites
- Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers — Bacon Wrapped
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp in the Air Fryer
More Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipes
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
- Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pat the wings dry and place them in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and spices over the chicken, tossing until they’re fully coated.
- Working in batches, place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking oil spray.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Flip the wings, spray them with cooking oil, and air fry for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is crispy and cooked through to 165 degrees F internally.
To make frozen chicken wings, start by cooking them for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F to defrost them, then follow the full recipe like usual.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1134Total Fat: 83gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 2386mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 58g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.