Smoked sausage in the air fryer comes together easily and quickly in your favorite kitchen appliance. It’s ready to serve in under 10 minutes, and you won’t have to worry about grease splatter!
There’s nothing quite like a yummy appetizer spread! Listen, I love a good main dish just as much as the next person.
But, when I get invited to a party — or have one myself — I most look forward to the apps.
Sure, sometimes I fill up on snacks before the main event, but that’s all a part of the fun!
When I’m hosting, you know you’ll find a charcuterie board with all of the accouterments as well as chips, dips, and an assortment of other savory goodies.
One of my favorite things to include in my appetizer spread is smoked sausage in the air fryer.
Most smoked sausages are pre cooked, meaning that you only need to heat them up. Fully cooked sausage means no stress about any foodborne illnesses.
That’s why this recipe comes together so quickly!
I have several brands that I know and love, like Johnsonville and Hillshire, but you can feel free to use whichever one you like.
They are hearty, smokey, and full of delicious savory flavors. I know you’re going to love smoked sausage in the air fryer just as much as I do!
How to make Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Prepare the sausage. Cut it into 1-1 ½-inch pieces — I typically end up with 4 pieces from each sausage.
STEP THREE: Air fry your sliced beef sausages for 5-6 minutes, making sure to shake the basket once halfway for even cooking.
STEP FOUR: Serve them while they’re fresh out of the air fryer with barbecue sauce for dipping!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Smoked Sausage
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
Variations for Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Use them in my sausage and green bean potato casserole.
- Don’t slice your air fryer sausage. Instead, serve it as a main dish alongside sautéed peppers and onions, and potatoes.
- Wrap the sausage in crescent rolls before air frying for a rift on pigs in a blanket.
- Serve with an assortment of dipping sauces — not just barbecue — like ranch, blue cheese, hot mustard, or honey sriracha.
- Add your sliced air fryer smoked sausage into other dishes, like nachos, baked beans, or rice.
- Coat the beef sausages in a batter to create air fried smoked sausage bites.
How Do You Cook Smoked Sausage in an Air Fryer?
It’s so easy! Because smoked sausage is pre cooked, you don’t have to air fry them for very long.
Simply preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F and then cook them for 5-6 minutes.
Again, because these sausages come fully cooked, you don’t need to worry about piercing them or air frying them for very long.
Can You Cook Johnsonville Beef Smoked Sausages in the Air Fryer?
Definitely! I already mentioned that I like using Johnsonville and Hillshire brand smoked sausages for this recipe.
You can also use whatever you have on hand, or your personal favorite!
What is the Best Way to Cook Smoked Sausage?
Remember, smoked sausage is already fully cooked. You can heat them in a frying pan, in a saucepan with boiling water, on the grill, or in the air fryer.
I personally believe that the best (and fastest!) way to cook them is in my trusty air fryer!
Should I Wrap Sausages in Foil in the Air Fryer?
You don’t have to! For extra easy cleanup, you can always line your air fryer basket with a bit of foil or parchment paper.
That said, it’s not necessary for this smoked sausage in the air fryer recipe!
Other Sausage Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Sausage Balls Without Bisquick
- Air Fryer Kielbasa
- Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sausage, Gnocchi, and Green Beans
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
- One package of smoked sausage
- Bbq sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into 1-1.5” pieces.
- Air fry the sausage for 5-6 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway.
- Serve immediately with bbq sauce for dipping if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.