Air Fryer sausage patties are cooked to perfection making them a tender and juicy breakfast option.
Did you know you can cook raw breakfast sausage in the air fryer? Did you know you can cook them from frozen too?
It’s super simple and so good we bought the family back of Jimmy Dean’s sausage patties to enjoy from the freezer anytime we want a quick breakfast option when we don’t have fresh patties on hand.
In this post, I am going to tell you how to make air fryer sausage patties from raw, frozen sausage patties in the air fryer, and even how to reheat the sausage patties in the air fryer!
There’s no oil added making it a healthier choice than frying them in a pan.
This recipe works for breakfast mini sausage patties inside the air fryer. It will not work for Italian sausage patties as they are much larger, but you can make Air Fryer Sausage Sandwiches with links using this recipe.
And if you want to make sausage links in the air fryer, try them here!
How to Cook Fresh Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
I used a package of Johnsonville raw sausage to cook in the air fryer. This method will work with that brand and any other raw breakfast sausage patties (including Bob Evans, store brands, and more).
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Remove the raw sausage patties from their packaging and place them in one layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until its internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the sausage patties from the air fryer and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
I use the Kizen Ready-Read Thermometer. It only takes 1-3 seconds to get a quick read of the temperature, which means I can keep the heat in my air fryer better while checking on my food.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bratwurst
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
How to Make Frozen Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
These directions will work on fully cooked frozen sausage patties, such as Jimmy Dean, Banquet, and more.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen sausage patties in the air fryer in one layer and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the air fryer frozen breakfast sausages from the air fryer and enjoy!
Since frozen sausage patties are pre-cooked, they do not need to be heated to 160 degrees. They just need to be heated thoroughly so you can enjoy a nice hot air fryer breakfast.
How to Reheat Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
If you’re like me, I’m constantly making extra food so I can reheat leftovers in the air fryer. It’s just easier with 2 kids at home for lunches, and even the next morning for breakfast.
These directions will also work for fully cooked prepackaged sausage patties that are refrigerated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the cooked sausage patties inside the air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes until heated thoroughly and enjoy!
No matter how you like your breakfast sausages, you can easily make them in the air fryer. Raw, fresh, frozen, fully cooked and even reheated, you’re good to go!
Check out these other air fryer breakfast recipes:
Air Fryer Sausage Patties
Sausage patties are a delicious side dish to any breakfast menu. You can even cook them from fresh or frozen!
- 8 raw sausage breakfast patties
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Place the raw sausage patties in the air fryer in one layer not touching.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, until they reach 160 degrees.*
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
* this timing is for small breakfast sausage patties. If your patties are larger, they may need to be cooked longer.
How to Cook Frozen Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Place the frozen sausage patties in the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes, until warmed thoroughly, Enjoy!
How to Reheat Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook sausage patties in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes, until warmed and enjoy!
Serving Size:2 patties
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 12g
2 thoughts on “Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer”
How long do you cook fresh sausage that has been frozen in the air fryer?
Hi Sharon, if you’re referring to raw sausage patties the same size as the ones listed, I would cook them at 370 degrees until they hit 160 degrees. It will take a bit longer to cook them as they are raw.