Enjoy extra crispy frozen chicken patties in the air fryer in little time. It’s the perfect quick lunch or dinner option for the whole family!
Cooking frozen foods in the air fryer is a favorite of mine. We put everything from air fryer hot dogs to air fryer mozzarella sticks in the air fryer and they cook to perfection.
I’m going to explain how to cook air fryer chicken patties, how to reheat chicken patties, and how to melt cheese on them the easy way.
I’ve used these directions on Tyson chicken patties in the air fryer and also Morningstar chicken patties (yes, the vegan variety)!
While some Tyson packages have “air fryer” instructions on some of their bags, I find that the time and temperature provided doesn’t give the best results.
This recipe uses no oil, but still gets that crispy outside breading you love!
Love air frying food from frozen? Check out these other delicious air fryer frozen recipes!
What Are Chicken Patties?
Chicken patties are basically ground up chicken pressed into a patty. That patty is then fully breaded, cooked, then frozen, and sold in stores.
This means the frozen chicken patties in the stores are precooked and just need to be warmed up.
It’s kind of like a frozen breaded chicken breast, but with shredded up chicken pieces instead of fully intact.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Bone-in Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- Air Fryer Brats
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Frozen Chicken Strips in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. It’s important to preheat so the patties will cook evenly.
- Place frozen chicken patties in the air fryer in one single layer.
- Cook chicken patties for 7-8 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Place buns inside the air fryer and cook for 1-2 minutes until crisped up (if desired).
- Remove from air fryer, place chicken patties on buns, and enjoy immediately or store in fridge for up to 3 days using reheating directions below.
The chicken does not need to reach 165 degrees since it is already pre-cooked chicken.
How to Melt Cheese on Top of a Chicken Patty
I love putting spicy pepper jack cheese on my chicken patties, but if you’ve ever tried putting a slice of cheese on something in an air fryer, you know it flies off immediately.
This is a fun trick I use to melt cheese without any added tools and it works perfectly every time.
- Place chicken patty on the bun (if using) and place in the air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer off completely and put a piece of cheese on the chicken patty.
- Close your air fryer and let it sit for 30-60 seconds. The cheese will melt from the residual heat in the air fryer!
I also use this trick when making Air Fryer Cheeseburgers.
How to Reheat a Chicken Patty in the Air Fryer
Reheating chicken patties in an air fryer is 1,000 times better than trying to reheat them in the microwave. The breading stays crispy and it tastes like you just cooked them the first time!
- Preheat your air fryer 350 degrees.
- Place chicken patties into the air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
- Finish recipe with toasting bun and melting cheese as stated in recipe below.
- Enjoy immediately!
Try using frozen chicken patties in one of these other recipes:
- Spice it up with our famous 5-minute buffalo sauce recipe
- Use it in this spicy buffalo chicken sandwich recipe
- Substitute a chicken patty in this easy buffalo chicken wrap
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
A crispy chicken patty sandwich made from frozen patties. It's quick, delicious, and super easy to make.
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen chicken patties in the air fryer side by side and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- If putting cheese on them, turn the air fryer off, place a slice of cheese on each patty, and close the air fryer drawer. Let sit with the air fryer off for 30-60 seconds until cheese melts.
- Remove them from the air fryer, add any additional toppings, if desired, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place chicken patties in air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes until thoroughly heated and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
7 thoughts on “Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer”
I’m new to using my air fryer (instant brand) and I was wondering which setting I should use! I have options for air fry and bake… I preheated for 400 on bake, but thought I would ask! Thanks 🙂
Hi Miranda, great question! I always recommend using the air fry option for any of my recipes that say air fryer on them! This will give them the true air frying effect where the air circulates in a 360 motion. Choosing the bake option will make things similar to an oven/toaster oven.
When I have made these in the oven previously, sometimes the breading in the middle is soggy. Does this happen with the air fryer, and if so, how can I prevent it?
That’s the beauty of the air fryer! It makes everything crispy, so all of it will be crispy, including the middle part.
Please let me know how to send you an email…..
Want to thank you for great recipes
Hi Irene, please use my about me page for contact information. Thanks!
I was surprised by how well this turned out. Much quicker, easier and crispier than the oven or god forbid the microwave. Thank you!