An easy and quick way to make air fryer frozen chicken nuggets to get extra crispy outside. It’s a quick and easy dinner idea for the whole family!
Air fryer frozen nuggets cook up to have a nice crispy breading and juicy tender chicken meat on the inside.
Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce and you’ll have a kid-friendly and delicious dinner idea in just minutes!
Whether you’re making Banquet chicken nuggets in the air fryer or any other frozen breaded chicken nuggets, these directions will work for you!
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place them into the air fryer basket or tray.
STEP THREE: Air fry frozen chicken nuggets for 4 to 5 minutes, remove from the air fryer, and enjoy!
Tips For the Best Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the Air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to get the best crispy and even results
- Add an extra two minutes to the cooking time to get the outsides even crispier
- Air fry frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer for even cooking — they will cook the best with a little space between the chicken bites
- Don’t use any oil — most frozen foods in the US already have oil on them, so no extra is needed
- Use a silicone liner to help with clean-up — it does not affect cooking time!
- Use fully cooked frozen chicken nuggets. Raw chicken nuggets will not cook at the same time — use these air fryer chicken nuggets for homemade ones instead
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Nuggets
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer French Fries (or frozen fries)
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Crescent Rolls
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Air frying frozen chicken nuggets takes just 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
If you want extra crispy nuggets, add another 2 minutes to that cooking time.
Best Brands to Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
I have used multiple brands using these same directions and these have been my favorites!
Please keep in mind if you use frozen chicken tenders and not chicken nuggets, the cooking time can vary.
- Tyson chicken nuggets (including the Tyson boneless chicken bites and fun nuggets)
- Dino chicken nuggets
- Costco chicken nuggets
- Perdue chicken nuggets
- Birds Eye Chicken Dippers
I’ve honestly even used these directions to make veggie nuggets!
Dipping Sauces For Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- Honey Sriracha
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
How to Reheat Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Store leftover air fried chicken nuggets in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer using the directions below!
The air fryer will make McDonald’s chicken nuggets or even Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets taste better than when you first got them!
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place your chicken nuggets in the air fryer tray or basket and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy!
More Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Fries
- Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts
- Frozen Chicken Patties in the Air Fryer
More Frozen Air Fryer Foods
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
- Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Uncrustables
- Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
- 10 frozen chicken nuggets
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken nuggets from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to Reheat Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the chicken nuggets for 2 to 3 minutes until warmed, remove from the air fryer, and enjoy!
Serving Size:5 chicken nuggets
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 475mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.