Air fryer Uncrustables are a rich treat packed with nostalgic flavor! Toasty bread with a hot, gooey peanut butter and jelly center makes them outrageously delicious.
One of my favorite things about the air fryer is how it can make fried foods just a little bit healthier. But, truth be told, I also love how it can make some indulgent treats even MORE delicious.
These air fryer Uncrustables are a perfect example. The bread on the outside gets toasty and golden while the inside turns into warm, gooey, melty decadence. It’s like a peanut butter and jelly lava cake!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The super easy way to air fry Uncrustables
- Tips for making the best Uncrustables in the air fryer
- Whether you need to thaw your Uncrustables before cooking
- What to serve with this tasty treat
- How to use the air fryer to make other flavors of Uncrustables
My family simply can’t get enough of these. They want them for breakfast, as a snack, even for dessert! Personally, I love all the nostalgic flavors. I had no idea my favorite childhood sandwich could get even better, but these air fryer Uncrustables take peanut butter and jelly to a whole new level!
What Do Uncrustables in the Air Fryer Taste Like?
So what happens when you air fry Uncrustables? Spoiler alert: they turn into absolute magic!
The bread gets golden and toasty, especially if you brush the tops with a little butter. Meanwhile, the center turns into melted peanut butter and jelly deliciousness. It’s truly a perfect combination.
It reminds me a little bit of stuffed French toast, actually. Except air fryer Uncrustables can be ready in a fraction of the time and without any of the prep work!
The flavor is perfect for any time of day. They’re sweet enough to be a dessert, but not so sweet that you can’t enjoy them for breakfast or a tasty snack. And, as I mentioned, my family asks for them at pretty much all hours.
How to Make Air Fryer Uncrustables
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Brush the tops of your frozen Uncrustables with melted butter, if desired. It’s not required, but I do love the extra golden topping and extra flavor it gives.
STEP TWO: Place the Uncrustables in the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between each one.
STEP THREE: Turn your fryer to 350 degrees F and cook for 6-8 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Uncrustables in the Air Fryer
- Brush the tops with butter. This will keep the bread soft as it toasts, but the tops will get a nice, golden crunch. The bottoms will remain soft.
- Leave a little space between each Uncrustable in the air fryer basket so the hot air can properly circulate.
- Right when the Uncrustables come out of the air fryer, sprinkle them with a little cinnamon or powdered sugar for an added boost of flavor.
Do You Need To Thaw Uncrustables Before Air Frying?
Nope! This recipe is for frozen Smuckers Uncrustables, so they can go straight from the freezer to the air fryer. No need to wait for them to thaw.
I almost always have a box of Uncrustables sitting in my freezer, which makes this recipe so convenient. Whether the kids need a snack fast or I want a little treat for myself, I always know these can be ready in a matter of minutes.
Flavors of Uncrustables Available
Want to mix it up with your flavors? Smucker’s Uncrustables come in a few variations, all of which can be made in the air fryer:
- Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly
- Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Peanut Butter and Honey
Did you know Uncrustables also come in a few savory flavors? These can be made following the same instructions! Keep in mind that you may want to increase the cooking time to 8-10 minutes to make sure they’re warmed all the way through:
- Uncured Pepperoni Bites
- Taco Bites
- BBQ Chicken Bites
What To Serve With Air Fried Uncrustables
- Instant Pot Strawberry Applesauce
- Peanut butter
- Jelly or jam
- Caramel sauce
- Powdered sugar
Other Indulgent Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fried Oreos with Crescent Rolls
- Air Fryer Jelly Donuts
- Air Fryer Cookie Cake
- Frozen Hash Brown Patties in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes
- Air Fryer Apple Slices with Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
And be sure to check out these lists of other Frozen Foods to Cook in Your Air Fryer and Kid-Friendly Air Fryer Recipes for more ideas!
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Smuckers Uncrustables
A quick and easy lunch recipe for the kids that comes out crispy and takes these Uncrustables to okay to gourmet!
- 2 to 4 Frozen Uncrustables
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Brush the tops of your frozen Uncrustables with your melted butter (optional), to make the Uncrustables a little less dry.
- Place them in your air fryer basket leaving space around them for the air to circulate. Turn your fryer to 350 and cook for 6-8 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking.
- Remove the Uncrustables from the air fryer and enjoy!
Brushing just the tops with butter gives it the golden crunchy side. The bottom remains soft but it is a perfect combination with the gooey center.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Uncrustables”
Just got a air fryer and having a little problem with getting recipes that I can use.
I have a Chefman RJ38-12-AS-CA. most recipes call for using a basket and shaking basket etc. but I dont believe that is possible with mine first because the baset ias designed to stir.
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi George, I just took a look at that air fryer and that’s definitely a unique feature! I thought those went away when air fryers took over for the acti-fry models they used to have. It looks like yours should have racks included as well. I would cook the recipes like a normal air fryer oven and use the racks for most recipes unless it’s a food you know won’t fall apart by being moved around.