Indulge in the ultimate crispy and gooey treat with air fryer PB&J! This modern twist on a classic sandwich is pure nostalgic delight that’s ready in just 10 minutes.
Get ready to indulge in the ultimate treat with air fryer PB&J! This modern twist on a classic sandwich is the kind of recipe that delight kids and adults alike.
With its crispy exterior of air fried toast and hot, gooey peanut butter and jelly filling, this sandwich is the perfect blend of nostalgia and culinary innovation. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make. You only need a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes!
Traditional PB&J sandwiches are usually enjoyed cold, but once you try this air fried version, you may never go back. The blend of textures and indulgent flavors is absolutely craveworthy!
How to Make Air Fryer PB&J
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread, then a layer of jelly on the other. Close the sandwich with the fillings on the inside.
STEP TWO: Lightly butter the outsides of the sandwich.
STEP THREE: Place the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the air fryer basket.
STEP FOUR: Air fry pb&j at 400 degrees F for 6-7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the bread is golden brown and the filling is hot all the way through.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Jelly
- 3 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
- Air Fryer Apple Slices
- Cottage Cheese Edible Salad
- Edible Brownie Batter
How Long to Cook A Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich in the Air Fryer
The perfect fried peanut butter and jelly has crispy, golden-brown bread on the outside while the filling turns delightfully hot and gooey. And thankfully, you don’t have to wait very long!
I find that 6-7 minutes in the air fryer is the perfect amount of time. Just remember to flip your sandwich halfway through so it gets evenly toasted on all sides.
After that, keep checking on your PB&J until the bread is as golden-brown as you like. It may take less time if you prefer your bread lightly toasted, or maybe a little longer if you want the bread to be a deep brown.
If you do cook your sandwich a bit longer, be careful when taking your first bite. You don’t want to burn your mouth on molten peanut butter and jelly!
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer PB&J
- Opt for bread that crisps up nicely in the air fryer, such as white bread, whole wheat, or even brioche. These bread types will give you that perfect crunch while still keeping the sandwich tender on the inside.
- Spread the peanut butter and jelly evenly on each slice of bread.
- Make sure to flip the sandwich halfway through to ensure the bread gets evenly toasted on both sides.
- Get creative with your fillings. Try different spreads like peanut butter and banana, Nutella, almond butter, or even cream cheese to add a fun twist.
- For an extra touch of sweetness, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon or drizzle a bit of honey over the filling. It will elevate the flavors and add a delightful aroma to your sandwich.
More Delicious Sandwich and Wrap Recipes
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Air Fryer Tuna Melt
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken Bacon Wrap
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
More Peanut Butter Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Hot Cocoa Balls with Peanut Butter
- No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Balls with Graham Crackers
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Peanut Butter Icing
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 4 slices of bread
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons jelly
- 1-2 tablespoons softened butter
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread, and a layer of jelly on the other.
- Press the two pieces of bread together, filling side in.
- Lightly butter both sides of the sandwich and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400F for 6-7 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown to your liking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 517mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.