Who knew you could make a dessert with just 3 ingredients?! That’s all you’ll need for this easy peanut butter blossoms recipe. Full of peanut butter and chocolatey flavor, they’re totally tasty.
We love peanut butter in my house — and peanut butter cookies are a definite favorite! Peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies, no bake peanut butter fudge, chewy peanut butter cookies, and hot cocoa balls with peanut butter are always on rotation. Even more so during the fall and winter holiday season!
If you’re looking for something to bring along to your next cookie swap, or simply want a homemade treat for snacking, you’re going to love this recipe for three ingredient peanut butter blossoms.
All you need is sugar, creamy peanut butter, and one large egg to make it happen. That’s right, they’re flourless, so naturally gluten free! The milk chocolate Hershey’s Kisses are a bonus, and I definitely recommend that you include them every time.
Blossom cookies are a classic cookie for a Christmas cookie platter. But, they’re so good, you may find yourself making them all year round.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies with Hershey Kisses
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Add the sugar, peanut butter, and egg to a large bowl and stir until the peanut butter cookie dough is smooth.
STEP TWO: Use a small cookie scoop to form 12 one-tablespoon-sized balls onto a prepared cookie sheet. Gently press them with the back of a spoon to flatten them to about ¾-inch thick.
STEP THREE: Chill the cookie dough balls in the fridge for at least an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F near the end of the chilling time.
STEP FOUR: Bake your 3 ingredient peanut butter blossoms for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is still soft.
STEP FIVE: Let the peanut blossoms sit for at least 5 minutes on a wire rack, then immediately press a Hershey’s chocolate kiss in the center of each one. Enjoy!
Tips to Make the Best 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- For chewy and moist results, make sure not to overbake your three ingredient peanut butter cookies. Check in on them after 12 minutes. If the edges have started to turn golden, turn off the oven. It’s very important not to overbake if you want the best cookies ever!
- Make sure to mix properly. You want to ensure that the peanut butter, sugar, and egg are thoroughly combined. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Leave ample room between each cookie dough ball as the thumbprint cookies will spread slightly as they cook.
Variations to Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Turn them into 4 ingredient peanut butter blossoms and incorporate some dark chocolate chips for even more chocolate flavor.
- Consider using natural peanut butter instead of creamy for a heightened peanut butter flavor. Just make sure to stir well before adding it to the other ingredients.
- Replace the Hershey’s Kisses with mini peanut butter cups if you’re a total PB fanatic.
- Add some chopped nuts to the peanut butter blossom cookies for a unique texture and added nutty flavor.
Why Are My 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Falling Apart?
If your gluten free peanut butter blossoms are falling apart, you likely overbaked or underbaked them. That’s why I keep mentioning the importance of keeping an eye on the cooking time!
Because these easy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are made with, well, three ingredients (and no milk or water), they can easily turn crumbly and dry. As soon as you see a golden brown edge, remove them from your oven.
How to Store Leftover 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
Store your easy 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. I recommend letting them cool completely before storing them for the best results.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Turtle Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies With No Butter
- Lemon Curd Cookies
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Jam Cookies
Can I Freeze Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms?
Absolutely! Not only is this recipe so quick and easy to make, but you can also make a double batch and freeze your easy peanut butter blossoms for later use.
Let them cool completely before placing them in a freezer-safe airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months, and let them thaw in the fridge overnight before eating!
More Blossom Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Hershey Kiss Cookies Without Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Sugar Cookies With Hershey Kisses
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Easy Iced Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 12 Hershey kisses
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, peanut butter, and egg until smooth.
- Scoop 12 one tablespoon-sized balls onto a baking sheet and flatten them slightly (to about ¾” thick).
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the middle. – it’s important to not overbake these!
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then add Hershey kisses to the center of each.
- Allow the cookies to cool fully before storing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.