Oreo Cheesecake Cookies have a rich cheesecake flavor and the delicate crumb of a soft, chewy sugar cookie. With the crunch of the Oreos in the mix, this is an irresistible combination!
Never choose between your favorite cookies and cakes for dessert again! These are the best Oreo cheesecake cookies to feed a crowd — and their delicious cookies the kids love!
The difference between these easy cookies and cream cookies and 5 ingredient Oreo cheesecake cookies you may find is texture (and how tasty they are).
Cream cheese is worked into the dough; it doesn’t have the creamy build of a cheesecake. Instead, it’s tender with gooey scatterings of melted chocolate chips and pockets of crunchy chopped Oreos.
The Oreo and cream cheese in these homemade Oreo cookies work together to get the cheesecake flavor any oreo lover will enjoy — it’s one of my favorite Oreo desserts!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make 20 decadent Oreo cookies in just 15 minutes!
- Some easy add-ins you can use and extra prep tips for this easy cookie recipe.
- How long these cookies n cream cookies last, and how to store them.
This is truly the best Oreo cheesecake cookies recipe out there – with a rich butter base and cream cheese taste, sweet vanilla and chocolate flavor, and an addicting crunch, they are absolutely delicious!
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to cream the softened unsalted butter and cream cheese.
STEP TWO: Pour the sugar into the stand mixer bowl with the cream cheese mixture and mix for another 2 minutes until fluffy. Follow with the egg and vanilla, mixing until totally incorporated. Remember to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically to get every last bit mixed in.
STEP THREE: Add the baking soda and flour to the bowl and mix once more. Once combined, add the Oreos and chocolate chips. Fold by hand with a spatula to avoid crushing the cookies.
STEP FOUR: Use a 2-tablespoon scoop to scoop out the cookie dough balls and arrange them 2” apart on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With the bottom of a glass or measuring cup, flatten each cookie until they’re ½” thick.
STEP FIVE: Slide the baking sheet into the freezer for 15 minutes then preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
STEP SIX: Bake the cheesecake Oreo cookies for 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and tap lightly on the counter to let the cookie centers “sink” — this promotes even cooking. Slide the tray back into the oven for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
STEP SEVEN: Pull the tray out of the oven and tap once more. Let the baked cookies cool for about 10 minutes on the tray then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How Long Do These Cookies Last?
Leftover cookies can be kept for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
They’re fine to keep at room temperature as long as they’re not in any direct sunlight! Refrigerating will always help them last a bit longer.
A word to the wise – these are heavenly when warm.
If they somehow make it to the next day, then I recommend popping them in the microwave for just a few seconds until they’re properly melty.
Can You Freeze Oreo Cheesecake Cookies?
Absolutely – and since this is a very easy recipe to double, I’d recommend stashing some away for a rainy day.
I recommend scooping out each individual cookie and storing them that way for easy placement and portioning.
Scoop and flatten each Oreo cheesecake ball on the baking sheet, but put them in the freezer instead of the oven.
Once they’ve hardened a bit, store cookies in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
Variations and Tips for the Best Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Use white chocolate chips, nuts, crushed candy bars, or other crushed cookies
- Don’t use Double Stuff! The texture will be off with the extra filling. Normal Oreos will bring the best flavor.
- Measure carefully so that you don’t use too much flour – that would result in dry, crumbly cookies. The trusty spoon and level method is the way to go for this one!
- Use other kinds of Oreos. Think mint Oreo’s, mini Oreo’s, or even dark chocolate!
- Use full fat cream cheese. Light cream cheese or dairy free cream cheese for best results and to get the full cheesecake flavor.
- Chop the Oreos. You can use crushed Oreos or even Oreo cookie crumbs, but I prefer to have some big chunks throughout the Cheesecake Oreo Cookies.
More Cheesecake Cookie Recipes
More Oreo Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Balls Without Cream Cheese
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Cookies and Cream Mousse
- Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped oreo cookies
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Add the softened butter and cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the two together until well combined.
- Next, add the granulated sugar and mix until light and fluffy– about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla. Mix to combine. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the chopped oreos and chocolate chips. Fold the add-ins into the batter using a rubber spatula– using a mixer can break up the oreos too much.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop out 2-tablespoon sized portions and place them at least 2” apart on the baking sheets. Press the cookies down to form a ½” thick disc.
- Freeze the cookie dough balls for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Then tap the tray on the counter a few times to sink the cookies (this will help them fully bake in the center) and return them to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and tap them on the counter again. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.