Oreo Mousse is an easy dessert to make with just a few ingredients. It’s an Oreo dessert filled with chocolatey goodness everyone will love.
This Oreo Mousse dessert is the perfect easy recipe for when you’re sick of pudding, but want that sweet and fluffy texture.
It’s an eggless recipe, making it no-bake, which is even better.
You can eat this easy chocolate mousse recipe on its own, with extra Oreos, and use it as a filling for cake, in a pie, and in so many other ways!
How to Make Oreo Mousse
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse them until they turn into fine crumbs. Set aside.
STEP TWO: Mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract in a bowl and set aside.
STEP THREE: Pour the heavy cream into a stand mixer and start whipping the cream by starting on low and then increase slowly to a medium speed until it starts to make a soft peak
STEP FOUR: Slowly mix the cream cheese mixture, confectioners sugar, and half of the Oreo crumbs into the whipped cream. Turn off the mixer when just fully combined.
STEP FIVE: Serve in individual glasses filling them halfway with mousse, adding some extra cookie crumbles, then the rest of the mousse to fill the rest. Top it with additional Oreo crumbs, if desired.
Tips To Make The Best Oreo Mousse Dessert
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms a soft peak — this will create a smooth and sweet texture you will love
- Mix the cookies and cream mousse until just combined to avoid overmixing and creating graininess
- Use room temperature cream cheese — cold cream cheese will not mix into the mousse fully
- Use Double Stuf Oreos so you get the cream filling taste in the mousse
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor or by placing them in a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to break them into crumbs
Variations to This Oreo Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Add dark chocolate syrup when adding the extra Oreo crumbs in the bowls for an extra chocolate flavor
- Remove the cream cheese from the recipe to make this an original Oreo mousse without a cheesecake flavor
- Add mini chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips for another texture component
- Double the Oreos for a more Oreo flavor
- Add brownie or chocolate cake pieces and layer this in a trifle dish to serve to guests for a new way to serve this Oreo cookie dessert
How to Make Oreo Chocolate Mousse in Just 3 Ingredients
This recipe is easily changeable to make with just 3 ingredients — and it’s still no bake!
Just add a container of cool whip to the Oreo crumbs and cream cheese and gently fold the ingredients together!
I love the addition of vanilla extract if you have it on hand as well, but it’s still delicious without it!
While the super easy recipe doesn’t taste like a true chocolate Oreo mousse, it’s great in a pinch and even works for a fruit dip!
How to Store Oreo Mousse
You can make this mousse recipe ahead of time and store it right in the fridge in an airtight container and store the extra Oreo crumbs in another airtight container on the counter.
I like to keep them separated to keep the crumbs nice and crunchy for added texture.
When ready to eat: Take the cookies and cream mousse out of the fridge and layer the mousse and Oreo crumbs into individual bowls.
You can also double or triple this recipe and store it in a trifle bowl.
More Easy Oreo Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Oreo Balls
- Oreo Marshmallow Treats
- Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
More Dessert Recipes
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Banana Pudding
- Hershey Kiss Cookies
A light delicious no-bake Oreo mousse filled with chocolate goodness. Can be made in just 10 minutes!
- 5 Oreos
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor until they are cookie crumbs and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and vanilla extract together in a bowl and set aside.
- Put heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer and start whipping the cream by starting on low and then increasing slowly to a medium speed until it starts to make a soft peak.
- Slowly add in cream cheese mixture, confectioners sugar (powdered sugar), and half of the Oreo crumbs. Turn off the mixer once combined.*
- Take 4 serving glasses and fill the bottoms with a small layer of cookie, then mousse and fill each glass until its half full.
- Put another layer of cookie crumbs then fill the rest of the glass with mousse.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for a least 1-2 hours to allow the mousse to set.
*be careful not to over mix the mousse
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.