Our 5-ingredient peanut butter mousse is pure bliss. Fluffy, creamy, and irresistibly sweet, it’s a dreamy treat for all peanut butter enthusiasts!
This easy dessert is a fluffy, creamy dream come true for all peanut butter lovers. Whether you need a cake filling, pie add-on, or standalone treat, this peanut butter mousse recipe has got you covered!
And here’s the best part – no baking required! This quick and convenient recipe requires just five ingredients, making it an ideal choice for busy days or last-minute gatherings. Say goodbye to lengthy baking sessions and hello to the instant satisfaction of mousse with peanut butter.
Not only does this peanut butter mousse recipe achieve that lucious, cloud-like texture without cream cheese, but it’s also made without heavy cream! Thanks to the magic of Cool Whip, you’ll enjoy a lighter, fluffier peanut butter experience.
So, whether you’re planning a special occasion or treating yourself to a delightful moment of sweetness, this is the go-to recipe. It’s a crowd-pleaser that guarantees smiles and empty dessert plates!
How to Make Peanut Butter Mousse
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
STEP TWO: Slowly pour the milk into the peanut butter mixture while stirring constantly. Mix until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
STEP THREE: Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Be careful not to overmix, as we want the mousse to keep its fluffy texture.
STEP FOUR: Transfer the peanut butter mousse to your desired serving dishes. Individual cups, glasses, or a larger serving bowl all work well.
STEP FIVE: Enjoy the mousse peanut butter dessert right away, or if you prefer it chilled, refrigerate until ready to serve. You can make the mousse up to 12 hours ahead of time!
Tips for the Best Mousse with Peanut Butter
- Adjust the consistency. If the mousse is too thick, add a splash of milk and mix until desired consistency is achieved.
- Opt for smooth peanut butter. We want the creamiest texture possible, so avoid any chunks of peanuts in the peanut butter mousse. Stir-free peanut butter like Skippy or Jif works best for a consistent texture.
- Thaw the Cool Whip. Whipped topping comes frozen, so be sure to place it in the refrigerator at least 6 hours before preparing this recipe.
- Add the milk gradually to prevent clumps and achieve a smooth consistency.
Variations for this Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe
- Add a swirl of chocolate sauce or melted chocolate on top of the mousse for a fun twist!
- Garnish with crushed pretzels for a delightful sweet-salty combo.
- A dollop of your favorite fruit jam can transform this into a PB&J dessert!
- For the peanut butter enthusiasts: add chopped peanut butter cups or mini Reese’s cups on top of the chilled mousse.
- Nutter Butter cookies are a fun garnish — add them whole or crushed as a topping.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm and comforting twist.
More No Bake Recipes with Cool Whip
- Oreo Mousse
- Mango Mousse
- Vanilla Mousse
- Peanut Butter Pie with Cool Whip
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting
- Orange Dreamsicle Salad
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pudding
Can I Use Granulated Sugar Instead of Powdered Sugar?
To achieve that light, fluffy texture, it’s best to use powdered sugar. However, if you don’t have any, it’s super easy to make!
All you need to do is mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into every cup of granulated sugar, then add the mixture to a food processor. Blend the two together until soft and powdery.
Can This Mousse Peanut Butter Recipe Be Made Vegan?
Of course! Replace the milk with almond milk or any other dairy-free milk of your choice. Opt for a non-dairy whipped topping, such as coconut whipped cream, to achieve the same light and fluffy texture.
How Long Does Peanut Butter Mousse Last in the Refrigerator?
This dessert can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. Keep in mind the light, fluffy texture will lessen as it spends more time in the fridge.
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the milk to the peanut butter mixture, stirring constantly. Continue mixing until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping. Be careful not to overmix– we want the mousse to stay light and fluffy!
- Transfer to your serving dishes and enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. This peanut butter mousse can be made up to 12 hours in advance.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.