Peanut butter kiss cookies are a classic! Also called peanut butter blossoms, they’re made with creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and topped with a milk chocolate Hershey’s Kiss!
Those who know me know how much I love peanut butter! I always have a jar (or two) on hand.
I even have a 3 ingredient peanut butter blossoms recipe!
It’s creamy, nutty, and wholesome. Peanut butter is also a great source of protein for all of my plant-based eaters.
Speaking of cookies, I think you’re going to absolutely adore this recipe for easy peanut butter cookies!
With the addition of a milk chocolate Hershey Kiss, it’s a definite classic. If you’re anything like me, you grew up on these cookies!
Whether you call them peanut butter kiss cookies or peanut butter blossoms, one thing is sure: they’re wonderfully addictive and tasty.
You’ll start by creating the perfect peanut butter cookie. Then, when they’re fresh out of the oven, add the Hershey’s Kisses on top.
The results are soft, chewy, and simply bursting with peanut butter and chocolate flavor! What’s not to love?
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The ingredients you need to make easy peanut butter cookies at home. I’ll even give some peanut butter substitution ideas for those of you with allergies.
- Step-by-step instructions, so that know exactly how to make peanut butter kiss cookies yourself.
- Answers to questions like how to keep peanut butter cookies from falling apart.
My recipe for easy peanut butter cookies is simple and uses pantry ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
They come together in about 20 minutes — it doesn’t get much easier!
How to Make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, then line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, so your peanut butter kiss cookies don’t stick.
STEP TWO: Add the butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium until fully combined. Add the brown sugar and mix again until light and fluffy, or about 2 minutes.
STEP THREE: Incorporate the egg and vanilla and mix. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as you go along. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until the dough begins to form. Be careful not to overmix!
STEP FOUR: Using a spoon or cookie scoop, create 1 tablespoon-sized ball and roll each in granulated sugar. This extra step adds a bit of crunch to the final results! Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
STEP FIVE: Bake the cookies for 11 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and the edges are set.
STEP SIX: Remove your easy peanut butter cookies from the oven and place a Hershey’s Kiss on top of each one. Let the cookies cool a bit before digging in.
Peanut Butter Substitution Ideas For Cookies
Otherwise, feel free to use the following instead of PB:
- Almond butter
- Sunflower butter
- Macadamia butter
- Pumpkin seed butter
How Do You Keep Peanut Butter Cookies From Falling Apart?
It’s all about the flour. If you use too much, your peanut butter kiss cookies will be very dry and will fall apart.
If you use too little, they’ll spread too much. Make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully!
Why Do My Peanut Butter Cookies Get Hard?
You may end up with hard peanut butter kiss cookies if you overmix the batter.
When combining the ingredients, mix only until the cookie dough batter forms, and there are no more white streaks of flour.
How Do You Make Cookies Moist?
One trick of the trade is to double the number of eggs you use.
I think my recipe for easy peanut butter cookies is perfectly soft, chewy, and moist as is, but the egg technique is worth trying!
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Buckeyes
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Brown Sugar
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 34 hershey kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until fully combined.
- Next, add the brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy– about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix just until the dough comes together– make sure not to overmix!
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon sized portions and roll them in granulated sugar. Place them on the parchment lined baking sheets, making sure that they are at least 2” apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or just until the edges are set and golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press a Hershey kiss into the top of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, transferring to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to five days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.