Delicious and easy Christmas cookie recipes with few ingredients so you can enjoy Christmastime the way it’s meant to be.
This list is meant to make Christmas baking easier with less prep to follow. They’re so easy to put together, you can even get the kids to help!
Each of these recipes includes 7 or fewer ingredients to make baking easier and cheaper for the holiday season.
How Soon Before Christmas Can I Make Cookies?
Since most cookies only last a week or so on the counter, I recommend starting your baking just a few days for Christmas for the freshest cookies.
You can also use the tips below to prolong the life of your cookies so you can start baking a few weeks before Christmas too!
How Do You Keep Homemade Christmas Cookies Fresh Longer?
If you’re like me, you like to start your baking early so you can enjoy the holidays. It’s why I like to make easy Christmas cookies with few ingredients!
To keep your holiday cookies fresh longer, do one of the following:
- Store cooked cookies in the fridge – these will usually keep 7 to 10 days if sealed and stored properly
- Place the cookies in the freezer – cookies will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer! Just pull them out the night before you need them
- Store the cookies in your garage – this works great for those who live in colder climates. We just stick the cookies in the garage after baking and pull them out when we’re ready to put them on a cookie tray to serve! (allow 1-2 hours for cookies to come back to a warmer temperature)
How Many Types of Christmas Cookies Should I Make?
To keep Christmas baking easy, yet still have a variety of cookies, I recommend at least 3 different cookies along with 1 to 2 other options on the cookie tray.
These include little dessert items such as:
- Christmas Oreos
- Hershey Kisses
They add a little variety to the cookie tray without taking extra effort!
Using this list of easy Christmas cookie recipes with few ingredients makes cooking even easier! Fewer ingredients mean less prep and less time in the kitchen!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- sugar12 Hershey kisses
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, peanut butter, and egg until smooth.
- Scoop one tablespoon-sized balls onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and flatten them slightly (to about ¾” thick).
- Chill cookies for at least an hour to prevent any spreading.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the middle. – it’s important to not overbake these!
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place a Hershey kiss into the center of each one.
- Allow the cookies to cool fully before enjoying or storing.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.