These no bake 3 ingredient peanut butter balls are packed with peanut butter flavor. They’re made with pantry items and are so easy to make — and even easier to gobble down!
I am such a huge fan of peanut butter, and I’m an even bigger fan of easy-to-make recipes. Yes, I love spending time in my kitchen — there’s a reason why I’m a food blogger!
But, sometimes, I want to whip something up that I know is super simple and just as equally yummy.
If you love PB just as much as I do, you may want to check out my recipes for chewy peanut butter cookies, 4 ingredient peanut butter blossoms (gotta love the addition of Hershey Kisses), or even my peanut butter balls with graham crackers.
And if you want an even simpler recipe than those, I know you’ll love today’s dessert: 3 ingredient peanut butter balls.
You get all of the flavors of a peanut butter cookie without any of the baking! Yup, you read that right: these are no bake peanut butter balls!
Not only is this recipe no bake, but you likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry. No baking, no running out to the store…say no more, am I right?
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to mix the batter for your no bake 3 ingredient peanut butter balls so that you get a perfect consistency.
- The 3 ingredients you’ll need to make these no bake peanut butter balls, plus some optional add-ons.
- Answers to some common questions that you may have before you get started.
This fun snack takes just 20 minutes to put together. You’ll have to have a bit of patience as they chill in the fridge, but it’s totally worth the wait!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Before you begin the batter, make sure to line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. You’ll need it to place the no bake peanut butter balls in the fridge to chill.
STEP TWO: Place the peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl. It’s best to use a handheld mixer to combine them — this will give the final results the smooth consistency you’re after. Next, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract (if you decide to include it) and beat until the mixture is fully combined. Don’t forget to scrape the sides of the bowl!
STEP THREE: Scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter at a time and form the peanut butter balls with your hands. Place them on the baking sheet, then place them in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes before enjoying!
Do 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Balls Have To Be Refrigerated?
I definitely recommend it! If you leave them out at room temperature for too long, you could end up with a melted mess. I usually store mine in an airtight container in the fridge.
They will keep for up to 2 weeks — however, in my house, they only last a few days. They’re that delicious!
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
If you want to make a double batch of my no bake 3 ingredient peanut butter balls recipe to freeze, feel free to go for it! This dessert/snack freezes up so well.
Simply follow the recipe instructions and then once the PB balls have chilled, place them in a freezer-safe bag where they will keep for up to 3 months!
Simply thaw them overnight in the fridge when you’re ready to dig in.
Should I Coat No Bake Peanut Butter Balls In Chocolate?
I like keeping mine as is, but they taste delicious coated in chocolate!
If you’re interested in a different chocolate-covered version, I encourage you to check out my recipe for peanut butter balls with graham crackers or peanut butter balls with rice krispies (the PB filling for these recipe does involve extra ingredients) or these hot cocoa balls with peanut butter.
How Do You Keep Peanut Butter Balls From Sticking To Your Hands?
If you find that batter keeps sticking to your hands as you form the balls, you can put a bit of butter on them! This quick trick goes a long way with overly sticky batter.
Other Sweet Recipes You’ll Love:
- Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- 2 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Apple Crisp Mini Cheesecake
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened (salted or unsalted)
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Melted chocolate, for dipping or drizzling (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a handheld mixer to cream the peanut butter and butter together until well combined. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract (if using) and beat until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Form the batter into tablespoon-sized balls, then place on the baking sheet. Chill for at least 20 minutes before devouring.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.