These are hands down the best Peanut Butter M&M Cookies you’ve ever made. Having tested this recipe dozens of times, I found the perfect peanut butter to M&M ratio.
I’ve created the absolute most fool-proof way to make peanut butter M and M cookies. Most people don’t bring their egg to room temperature before making the batter resulting in a gritty cookie that’s not fluffy. That’s not a problem here!
Being the cookie lover I am, I made this cookies fluffy but chewy for the ideal texture.
How to Make Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Use an electric mixer to cream the unsalted butter and light brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla extract and beat until well mixed.
STEP THREE: Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Add to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
STEP FOUR: Fold in your peanut M&M’s to the dough, making sure they’re evenly spread. Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Use a large cookie scoop to place dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
STEP SIX: Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they’re golden brown at the edges.
STEP SEVEN: Let your peanut butter M&M cookies cool on the baking sheet briefly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter M and M Cookies
- Make sure your egg and butter are at room temperature before starting. This will give you a smoother cookie dough.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This step allows the dough to firm up, which makes it easier to handle and prevents excessive spreading during baking.
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. This keeps them from spreading into each other while baking.
- Rotate the baking sheet halfway through baking if your oven has hot spots to ensure even browning.
- Let your peanut butter M and M cookies rest on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes after removing them from the oven. This helps them set and keeps them soft!
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Variations to Peanut Butter Cookies with M&Ms
- You can swap out M&M’s with chocolate chips or another type of candy. Chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, or Reese’s Pieces are all great ideas!
- After baking, drizzle some melted chocolate over the peanut butter cookies with M&Ms for an extra layer of chocolaty goodness.
- Get creative with royal icing! Write personalized messages or create fun designs on your cookies to make them truly unique. Again, so fun for the holidays or for a birthday!
- Sprinkle crushed nuts like almonds or walnuts on top while the cookies are fresh from the oven for an extra crunch.
How Do I Make My Peanut Butter Cookies Chewy?
For the best texture, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before starting your peanut butter M&M cookies. Also, refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 30 minutes before baking.
Bake the cookies for around 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden and they reach the point of being just set.
Can I Use Any Type of Peanut Butter for this Peanut Butter M&M Cookie Recipe?
I personally swear by creamy peanut butter for cookies.
That said, if you prefer a stronger PB flavor plus an added crunch, feel free to experiment with crunchy peanut butter. You just need to make sure it’s not too oily — stir it really well before incorporating it into the cookie dough batter.
What to Serve with Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
These peanut butter cookies with M&Ms are wonderful on their own!
You could also add them to an ice cream sundae or use them to make cookie ice cream sandwiches. You can even create a snack platter with Cool Whip Fruit Dip and other sweet treats!
More Creative Cookie Recipes
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Strawberry Jam Cookies
- Fruitcake Cookies
- Cookie Monster Cookies
- Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter M&M's
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the unsalted butter and light brown sugar using an electric mixer.
- Next, add a room-temperature egg, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Beat all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix them until they are well combined.
- Fold in the peanut M&M's, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, and then chill the peanut butter cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and place each dough ball on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to place them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake your cookies for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Allow the chewy peanut butter M&M cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.