Deliciously simple 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies are such a wholesome treat for the whole family. Make this easy oatmeal cookie recipe with a few ingredients and 10 minutes of prep!
Enjoying a delicious dessert doesn’t have to mean sacrificing your health-conscious choices. Discover the perfect world of 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies, where simplicity meets flavor in a harmonious blend.
These easy 3 ingredient cookies are a great solution for those seeking a guilt-free snack or delicious breakfast cookies. Unlike traditional recipes that often call for eggs or flour, these cookies are a naturally vegan and gluten-free option! Plus, they’re made with no peanut butter, so everyone can enjoy them.
No flour oatmeal cookies are made with a short ingredient list that highlights the beauty of simplicity. Each bite showcases the natural sweetness of bananas with their soft and chewy texture.
Whether you need a quick pick-me-up or a convenient on-the-go snack, these 3 ingredient banana cookies are anything but complicated!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they become smooth. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
STEP THREE: Divide the no egg oat cookies mixture into 24 portions and form 2-inch balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
STEP FOUR: Use your hand or the back of a rubber spatula to flatten the dough balls until they reach a thickness of about ¼ – ½ inch. Remember, these easy oatmeal cookies won’t spread during baking.
STEP FIVE: Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies start to turn golden brown.
STEP SIX: Remove from the oven and allow no egg oat cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for the Best 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- Overripe bananas are best. The peels should be covered in brown spots for the best flavor and consistency.
- Adjust the texture. If the dough feels too wet, add more oats to achieve a better consistency.
- Use the right oats. To achieve the ideal chewy texture, opt for old-fashioned (or rolled) oats. While you can use quick oats in a pinch, they will alter the texture of these 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies.
- Let the dough rest for a few minutes before scooping. This gives the oats a chance to absorb more of the moisture, creating perfectly soft and chewy cookies.
Variations for 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Experiment with different mix-ins like raisins, chopped nuts, or dried fruits for a twist on your 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies.
- Adjust the sweetness by using honey, maple syrup, or any other natural sweeteners according to your taste.
- Swap out the chocolate chips for raisins and add a dash of cinnamon to no egg oat cookies dough for a classic oatmeal raisin cookie.
- Though these easy oatmeal cookies are made without peanut butter, you can definitely add some if you prefer!
- Make even simpler treats with 2 ingredients by leaving out the chocolate chips. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to get as many cookies out of each batch.
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Hershey Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Pink Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Jam Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- Brownie Crinkle Cookies
- Fruitcake Cookies
How Ripe Should Bananas Be For Cookies?
It’s essential to make sure you use overripe bananas for these easy oatmeal cookies, as their natural flavor is the main source of sweetness in these 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies. There should be lots of brown freckles over the entire peel — the more the better!
To ripen bananas quickly, place them in a brown paper bag and fold it shut.
Need them to ripen immediately? Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and place unpeeled bananas on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then cool and scoop out the flesh. You can also use your air fryer at the same temperature, but cook for about 8 minutes instead.
Can I Freeze the 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies Mix Before Baking?
Sadly, you can’t. Bananas produce a lot of water when thawed, so your 3 ingredient banana cookie will end up a soggy, flavorless mess when baked.
However, you can freeze baked cookies! Allow them to cool before transferring to an airtight container or freezer-safe storage bag. 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer — just thaw on the counter when you need a quick snack.
More 3 Ingredient Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Frosting
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Fold the oatmeal into the mashed bananas, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Divide the “dough” into 24 2-inch balls and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with your hand or the back of a rubber spatula until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. These cookies will not spread or change shape in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.