These 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are divinely delicious. Enjoy soft, tender, and spicy-sweet morsels with one of the easiest pumpkin muffins recipes you’ll ever make!
Oh, the joy of muffins! There is something so irresistible about warm bites of freshly baked bliss, especially when pumpkin is involved.
3 ingredient pumpkin muffins deliver all the soul-warming spices of autumn without any extra work—no need to limit yourself to the autumn months, though.
Feel free to enjoy these little treasures all year long.
The great news is that you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen or lots of money on complicated ingredients.
This easy pumpkin muffins recipe simplifies everything and is a great opportunity to let the kids help.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Everything you need to make 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins.
- Fun and creative options to customize these easy pumpkin muffins.
- Expert tips to get the soft fluffy muffins every time.
- It doesn’t get much easier than this pumpkin muffins recipe. You are only 3 ingredients and 45 minutes away from pure pumpkin perfection!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a standard 12-count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree and spice cake mix. Stir together until just combined, being mindful to not overmix. Gently fold in optional mix-ins.
STEP THREE: Evenly portion out your batter into your prepared muffin tin.
STEP FOUR: Bake muffins for 20-23 minutes. Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow at least ten minutes to cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
Can I Use Fresh Pumpkin for This Pumpkin Muffins Recipe?
If you happen to have fresh pumpkin around, you can absolutely use it in this recipe. You will want to make sure to properly prepare your pumpkin first.
Fresh pumpkin should be cooked, cooled, and thoroughly pureed using a food processor or blender.
Simply substitute the same volume of your fresh prepared pumpkin in place of the pumpkin puree. This recipe calls for a 15 oz can of puree, which translates into about 2 cups minus one tablespoon.
This will add a little more time in the kitchen but is a fantastic way to elevate these easy pumpkin muffins to the next level.
Can I Substitute Another Type of Cake Mix For My 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins?
Spice cake mix is the best option for this recipe because it already has everything you need, including spices such as cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
If you only have yellow cake mix on hand, this can work, but you will need to be sure to add in your spices. Start by adding a teaspoon of pumpkin spice and about a half teaspoon of cinnamon.
If you have any dietary restrictions in your family, you can choose to substitute a gluten-free cake mix. That way, everyone gets to share in the pumpkin love.
How Can I Customize My Pumpkin Muffins?
This 3 ingredient pumpkin muffins recipe is scrumptiously perfect as is, but there are several ways you can customize it if desired. Some great ideas for add-ins include:
- Chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Walnuts, pecans, or chopped nuts of your choice
- Dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, or crystallized ginger
- Try topping with cream cheese frosting or a favorite frosting of your choice
Don’t be afraid to get creative, and always remember to have fun in the kitchen. Baking is meant to bring joy into your life!
How Do I Get Light and Fluffy Pumpkin Muffins?
The secret to getting light and fluffy muffins is leavening agents. Accurate measurements are essential.
If too little leavening is used, your muffins will not rise properly.
If too much is used, your muffins will rise too quickly, collapse, and result in overly dense muffins.
The wonderful news with this recipe is that the ratios are already taken care of. Using the spice cake mix means that your flour, sugar, spices, and leavening agents are pre-measured for you. Such convenience!
How to Store Leftover Pumpkin Muffins
Storage is super easy if these little pumpkin treats don’t get gobbled up immediately in your house.
Completely cooled and stored in an airtight container, your pumpkin muffins will last for up to 3 days on the countertop or up to a week in the refrigerator.
You can also make a larger batch and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to enjoy your leftovers, simply reheat for 20-30 seconds in the microwave or 5-10 minutes in the oven or toaster oven. Enjoy!
Other Easy Baked Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Zucchini Bread with Applesauce
- 4 Ingredient Banana Bread
- How to Use Leftover Pumpkin Pie Filling
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
Incredibly easy 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are sure to be a hit! Tender muffins made with basic ingredients are perfect for fall.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1 cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts) (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree and spice cake mix to a large bowl and blend until just combined, being sure not to overmix. Fold in optional mix-ins.
- Divide the muffin batter between the cavities of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.