This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
This 3 ingredient banana pudding is quick, easy, and so delicious! Great for any occasion, this remarkably simple dessert is perfect for your next potluck or barbecue.
Everything about banana pudding reminds me of being a child. The sweet and creamy texture always transports me to a carefree time filled with simple pleasures. It’s delicious by the spoonful or scooped up with crispy Nilla wafers.
Whether you have a picky toddler or a huge group to entertain, this quick and easy recipe will be an instant favorite. I am going to show you how to keep it simple, make it fancy, or customize it to fit any preference.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- All the ingredients you need to make this easy, no-bake banana pudding recipe
- Fun and exciting variations on this delicious classic dessert
- Step-by-step instructions on how to layer banana pudding with Cool Whip to make a trifle
All you need is 5 minutes to make this 3 ingredient banana pudding recipe. Let’s get into the kitchen and go bananas!
How to Make 3 Ingredient Banana Pudding
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Peel your bananas and add them to a blender. Pulse until pureed.
STEP TWO: Add the powdered vanilla pudding mix and Cool Whip. (Be sure to get the instant pudding mix and not the conventional variety, which requires cooking.) Blend together until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
STEP THREE: Pour into a serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
How to Build a Banana Pudding Trifle
Do you want to take this classic banana pudding with Cool Whip recipe to the next level? How about trying a banana pudding trifle for your next gathering.
The banana trifle is a simple yet fancy Southern classic and is always a crowd-pleaser. It’s assembled in a raised glass bowl called a trifle bowl, but any dish that displays the lovely layers of your dessert will do.
STEP ONE: Make the 3 ingredient banana pudding according to directions above.
STEP TWO: In the bottom of your bowl or trifle dish, make a layer of cubed pound cake. Press down so it’s packed in, but be careful not to squish it! Then, add a layer of pudding, Cool Whip, and crushed Nilla wafers.
STEP THREE: Repeat the layers until the dish is filled to the top! You can leave it as is or add extra ingredients as garnish or decoration.
There are, of course, lots of different ways to make this recipe. Some call for homemade whipped cream, cream cheese, angel food cake, or even other fruits. The point of the trifle dessert is the layers. As long as you have the basics of that, feel free to get creative and have fun!
Variations for This Banana Pudding Recipe
Speaking of creativity, let’s talk about fun variations you can make with this 3 ingredient banana pudding!
- Use a different flavor of pudding mix. Try banana for a stronger fruit flavor, or chocolate for something extra sweet.
- Add some cocoa powder. Start with a tablespoon and add more as needed. Too much, and you’ll alter the consistency.
- Skip the Cool Whip. You can also use regular milk, non-dairy alternatives, or even water if that is all you have on hand. For an extra creamy variation, try making your banana pudding with condensed milk. You won’t be disappointed!
- Try some mix-ins. Fold in your favorite fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or pineapple. You can even sprinkle in some cinnamon, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to make it even fancier.
Can I Use Frozen Bananas for No Bake Banana Pudding?
Fresh bananas are the best option for this recipe. Not only will frozen bananas cause the mixture to be too thick, but they often turn brown in the freezer. This would cause your 3 ingredient banana pudding to be brown as well, and no one wants that!
Save those frozen bananas in your freezer to make delicious recipes like our 4 ingredient banana bread instead.
How Do I Store Leftover Banana Pudding?
Safely store your banana pudding in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keep in mind that the texture and appearance may change the longer it sits. What a perfect excuse to eat it all immediately!
Other Easy Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Brownie Recipe Without Cocoa Powder
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Frosting
- Strawberry Shortcake Crumble
- 5 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
- 3 bananas (1 for topping)
- 1 3.4-oz package of vanilla pudding
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed in fridge
- Peel bananas and put into a blender. Pulse until pureed.
- Add in vanilla pudding mix and cool whip, and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.