No bake cheesecake with Cool Whip is a delightful dessert that’s quick and simple to prepare, full of fluffy textures that come together effortlessly.
This no bake cheesecake with Cool Whip is perfect for any occasion, from a simple dessert to an elegant party treat. The recipe is so easy and quick to make, you’ll be tempted to whip it up every day.
Imagine a dessert that effortlessly melts in your mouth, featuring a velvety, cheesecake-like texture that’s hard to resist. What’s even better is that you don’t need to turn on the oven!
Now you may see that I love using Cool Whip in desserts. It’s definitely apparent in my favorite fruit dip recipe, cream cheese frosting, fruit fluff salad, banana pudding, and even in this mousse recipe!
Whether you’re planning a casual family gathering, a summer picnic, or a last-minute sweet craving, this no bake cheesecake is the perfect recipe.
So, if you’re in the mood for a quick and simple dessert that never fails to satisfy, this cream cheese cheesecake no bake recipe is the answer! It’s the best combination of creamy, tangy, and sweet flavors that will satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: To create an easy graham cracker crust for the cheesecake.
- Butter: Acts as a combining agent to the crust.
- Sugar: This gives the crust a little bit of a sweeter taste.
- Cream Cheese: Use 3 bricks of full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: Gives a sweet flavor to the cheesecake while giving the cheesecake a nice richness.
- Vanilla: Adds some flavor to the dessert!
- Cool Whip: One tub of 8 oz. Cool Whip brings this dessert together to be the no-bake treat it is.
- Cherry Pie Filling: Used as a topping. You can substitute this with your favorite fruit topping or even pour peanut butter icing or caramel on top!
How to Make No Bake Cool Whip Cheesecake
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl until it resembles the texture of wet sand.
STEP TWO: Firmly press this mixture into the bottom of a 9” springform pan, then let it chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
STEP THREE: In a separate large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until it’s smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract, then gently fold in the Cool Whip by hand until the whipped cheesecake mixture is fully combined.
STEP FOUR: Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust. Place the pan in the fridge and let the dessert chill for at least 3 hours.
STEP FIVE: Top with cherry pie filling just before serving.
Tips for No Bake Cheesecake
- Gently fold in whipped topping to maintain a light and airy texture throughout the Cool Whip cream cheese pie filling.
- Slowly add in the ingredients. When mixing in the powdered sugar, do so gradually to avoid any lumps and achieve a consistently smooth texture.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the springform pan. This guarantees that your base is stable and prevents crumbling.
- Make sure your graham cracker crust is chilled completely before adding your no bake cheesecake filling. You can even pop it in the freezer to be safe.
- Refrigerate the Cool Whip cheesecake for at least 3 hours before serving to allow it to fully set. Overnight is even better!
Variations to Cool Whip Cheesecake
- For a unique crust, try using chocolate cookie crumbs, gingersnap crumbs, or even crushed pretzels.
- Try different pie fillings as a topping instead of the classic cherry pie filling.
- Create a chocolate indulgence by sprinkling chopped candies over the set cheesecake. Reeses cups, Snickers bars, and even M&Ms would be great.
- Swirl fruit preserves into the cheesecake mixture for a fruity twist. Raspberry and strawberry are popular choices — just choose seedless varieties!
- Top the cheesecake with a drizzle of butterscotch, caramel, or chocolate sauce for a sweet finish.
How Do I Keep My No Bake Cheesecake With Cool Whip Firm?
When making the cheesecake filling, thoroughly whip the base to incorporate enough air into the mixture. This will result in a delightful, firm, mousse-like texture when chilled.
Then, allow the whipped cheesecake to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight, for perfectly clean, firm slices.
Should I Cover Cool Whip Cream Cheese Pie When Chilling It?
Yes, it’s a good idea to cover your no bake cheesecake when chilling it in the fridge. Covering it helps prevent the cheesecake from absorbing any odors or flavors from other items in the refrigerator.
It also helps maintain the cheesecake’s freshness and prevents it from drying out.
What to Serve with Homemade Whipped Cheesecake
As an alternative to classic cherry pie filling, use Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Filling as a topping for your no bake cheesecake with Cool Whip.
You can also top it with Strawberry Crunch for a nice texture change and burst of flavor!
More Easy Pie and Cheesecake Desserts
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 24 ounce cream cheese bricks, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 ounce tub Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of a 9” springform pan. Chill the crust in the fridge until the filling is prepared.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and then fold in the cool whip until fully combined.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours before serving topped with cherry pie filling as a topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.