Fruit Salad with Cool Whip is an irresistible twist on your classic fruit salad. Imagine combining a medley of fruits with fluffy marshmallows, vanilla pudding, and Cool Whip — it’s to die for!
Cool Whip fruit salad never fails to impress with its simple yet heavenly combination of ingredients. This easy recipe for a fruit salad with Cool Whip is such an easy way to amp up any occasion.
Fruit salad with Cool Whip and marshmallows is so effortlessly whipped up that it will become a top dessert choice for gatherings or potlucks.
While fruit salad with whipped cream is good, Cool Whip takes it to a whole new level. Cool Whip fruit salad has a knack for stealing the show. Its airy texture and medley of fruit flavors make it a crowd-pleaser that leaves everyone satisfied.
The magic happens when instant vanilla pudding is added to the fruit fluff salad mix. It imparts a subtle sweetness and a velvety texture that blends seamlessly with the fruit cocktail. The tiny marshmallows sprinkled throughout create pockets of irresistible chewiness!
Don’t wait another second to whip up this fluff salad — it’s the kind of sweet treat that effortlessly elevates your meal, no matter the occasion.
How to Make Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Drain the pineapple juice from the can into a bowl, leaving the pineapple tidbits behind. Set the can aside and mix the instant vanilla pudding into the juice.
STEP TWO: Combine the drained fruit cocktail, pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, and strawberries in the bowl. Stir until everything is coated in the instant vanilla pudding mixture.
Optionally, before draining the jar of cherries, save about 1 tablespoon of cherry juice if you want to add color to your fruit fluff salad. Drain the remaining cherry juice.
STEP FOUR: Halve the cherries on a cutting board and blend them with the pudding mixture.
STEP FIVE: Mix in the marshmallows until they are evenly distributed.
STEP SIX: Once the fruit, pudding, and marshmallows are combined, add the Cool Whip to the mixture. Mix until everything is thoroughly coated.
STEP SEVEN: If you want your mandarin orange salad with Cool Whip to have a pink hue, you can now add in your reserved cherry juice until the fruit salad achieves a light pink shade.
STEP EIGHT: Chill the fluff salad in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Tips for the Best Fruit Salad with Cool Whip and Marshmallows
- When adding Cool Whip, fold it into the fruit mixture with care. Gentle mixing helps maintain the salad’s light and airy quality.
- Keep the Cool Whip chilled before mixing it into your fruit salad to keep its creamy and fluffy consistency.
- Make sure you drain the fruit completely before adding it to the mixture. Excess liquid can mess with the consistency of the fluff salad.
Variations for Cool Whip Fruit Salad
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute coconut milk Cool Whip for traditional Cool Whip and enjoy!
- Change up the salad’s flavor with a generous sprinkling of coconut flakes, giving it a tropical twist.
- For a nutty take, add in a handful of chopped nuts like walnuts, pistachios, or slivered almonds for a satisfying crunch.
- You can use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit if you prefer. Just keep in mind it may be hard to find some fruits in store if they’re not in season.
More Marshmallow Recipes
- No Bake Christmas Marshmallow Treats with Oreos
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Orange Dreamsicle Salad
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip
Can I Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip?
I would not recommend making this fruit salad with whipped cream. Cool Whip is much thicker and stabilized, so it mixes in with the fruit beautifully.
Whipped cream loses its fluffiness very quickly and will turn watery after a few minutes.
How Long Should I Wait Before Serving this Fluff Salad?
This mandarin orange salad Cool Whip dessert tastes best when it’s served a few hours after it’s been made.
You can also refrigerate it overnight in a sealed container before serving. While the marshmallows and some fruit may lose their crispness, the salad will retain its delicious flavor.
Is This Fluff Salad the Same as an Ambrosia Salad with Cool Whip?
No, the two are slightly different. For a salad to earn the Ambrosia title, it should feature fruity, flavored mini marshmallows.
Unlike ambrosia salad with Cool Whip, we use plain white mini marshmallows in this recipe for a fruit salad with Cool Whip.
How Long Will This Fruit Salad Keep in the Refrigerator?
I recommend up to 2 days. After that, the marshmallows and fruit become super soft, and the fruit is not as fresh.
More Amazing Dessert Recipes
- Jello with Fruit Cocktail
- No Bake Cheesecake with Cool Whip
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Peanut Butter Mousse
- Easy Peanut Butter Pie
- Strawberry Crunch
- Thanksgiving Fruit Salad
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Curd Cookies
- Crinkle Cookies
- 1 20-ounce can of pineapple tidbits
- 1 3.4-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 15-ounce can fruit cocktail (drained)
- 1 10.5-ounce jar of mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 6-ounce jar of stemless maraschino cherries
- 2 cups mini white marshmallows
- 1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, drain the pineapple juice leaving the pineapple tidbits in the can, and set the can aside.
- Add in the instant vanilla pudding.
- Once combined, add the drained fruit cocktail, pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, and strawberries to the bowl. Stir together and mix until everything is well coated with the pudding mixture.
- Place the cherries on a cutting board and cut them in half. Add these halved cherries to the pudding mixture and blend together.
- Add the marshmallows to the bowl and blend together.
- Once the fruit, pudding, and marshmallows are combined, add the cool whip to the fruit mixture and mix until everything is well coated.
- If you want the Fruit Salad to have a pink color, add the cherry juice to the mixture and mix until the fruit salad is a light shade of pink., this is what you will add them.
- Chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
Optional: Before draining the jar of cherries, reserve about 1 tablespoon of the cherry juice in a small dish and set it aside for the end to add color to the fruit salad. Drain the rest of the cherry juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.