Enjoy 5 ingredient no-bake cheesecake any time, any day, anywhere! With less than 20 minutes of prep and a little patience, you’ll have a mouthwateringly rich and decadent cheesecake that’s almost too good to share.
Making desserts is a very delicate and specific art. What if it could be easy, quick, and painless . . . say, in 15 minutes and with just a couple of dishes?
My 5 ingredient no-bake cheesecake is so simple and just as delicious as the traditional dessert! It’s so soft and creamy, with an airy yet velvety texture that isn’t too heavy. It rests on a decadent, buttery graham cracker crust. You won’t leave a single crumb behind!
It also isn’t too sweet: I use just enough sugar, which is perfectly balanced by the tangy cream cheese.
Most homemade no-bake cheesecake recipes require gelatin, but this one doesn’t! Just graham crackers, butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, and sugar. Trust me, the hardest part is waiting the full 6 hours before digging right into it. But it’s worth it — I promise!
Love this 5-ingredient cheesecake? Try our cheesecake with cool whip and cheesecake recipe made with condensed milk with just 3 ingredients!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make a creamy homemade no-bake cheesecake with just 5 ingredients
- Some ways to customize this recipe to make a chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry New York-style cheesecake
- A couple of tips and tricks to help you make this simple, easy recipe even simpler and easier!
5 ingredients, 15 minutes of prep, and 1 delicious dessert — it’s almost too good to be true! This rich and tangy homemade no-bake cheesecake is low hassle, high reward.
How to Make 5 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan with a light coating of cooking spray.
STEP TWO: Add the crumbs to a large bowl. Drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs, stirring with a spatula until all of the crumbs are moistened.
STEP THREE: Transfer the graham crackers into the pan. Pack the crumbs tightly onto the bottom of the pan and along the sides, forming a firm crust that is ¼ inch thick. Freeze the crust while mixing the filling — approximately 20 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Pour the heavy cream into the stand mixer bowl. Using the whisk attachment, mix at medium speed for a couple of minutes until stiff peaks form. Scoop the whipped cream into another bowl.
STEP FIVE: Place the cream cheese into the same bowl and whisk on low. Add the powdered sugar bit by bit until fully incorporated.
STEP SIX: Return the whipped cream to the bowl and gently fold it into the cream cheese.
STEP SEVEN: Scoop the filling into the chilled pan with the crust, smoothing the top. Return the pan to the freezer for at least 6 hours.
STEP EIGHT: To serve, run a knife under running hot water before slicing. For clean cuts, rinse off the knife between slices.
STEP NINE: Keep cheesecake chilled up until serving and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to Customize 5 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
With just one more ingredient, you can have a whole variety of flavors:
- Make it chocolate by mixing 4 ounces of melted, cooled chocolate into the filling just before freezing (Step 7).
- For a vanilla New York-style cheesecake, mix either 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste, 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, OR the caviar from one vanilla bean while mixing the cream cheese (Step 5).
- Serve a strawberry cake by swirling ½ cup of your favorite strawberry jam into the cake before freezing (Step 7).
How Can I Thicken No-Bake Cheesecake Mix?
This recipe should make a thick, creamy, and velvety cheesecake. If your cheesecake is too thin, then it’s possible that you did not whip your heavy cream long enough, or you didn’t use cold heavy cream.
But you should also remember that your 5 ingredient no-bake cheesecake isn’t going to be as thick as a traditional New York-style cheesecake. The texture will be much softer.
Finally, be sure that the cake is freezing for at least 6 hours — and overnight is better.
Can I Freeze a 5 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake?
Of course! Your homemade no-bake cheesecake will last up to 2 months that way.
If you want to portion your dessert and make it last, then I recommend slicing into sections and freezing it in separate containers so that you are thawing only as much as you plan on eating at any one time.
Tips for Making This 5 Ingredient No-Bake Cheesecake
Here are a couple of tricks to make a flawless no bake New York-style cheesecake:
- It takes an hour for cream cheese to fully soften — don’t rush this step, or else you’ll end up with lumps of cream cheese in your cake.
- Sift the powdered sugar before mixing it in with the cream cheese to remove clumps. And remember: measure the powdered sugar before sifting!
Yes! Simply switch out the graham cracker crumbs and butter for a store-bought graham cracker crust for an even easier dessert! It will turn this easy cheesecake recipe into just 4 ingredients and can be put together in just minutes!
Other Baking Recipes You’ll Love:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Recipe
- Red Velvet Cheesecake with Oreos
- Mini Apple Crisp Cheesecakes
- Apple Crumble Cheesecake
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Shortcake Crumble
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Zucchini Bread with Applesauce
- 3 Ingredient Banana Pudding
- Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy cream
- 2 bricks (16 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan very lightly with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.*
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan, creating a ¼-inch thick border all the way around. Make sure to pack it tightly so the crust isn’t too crumbly.
- Place the crust in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Add the cold heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until the cream holds stiff peaks — about 2 minutes. Remove the whipped cream to a separate bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of the stand mixer (still fitted with the whisk attachment) and turn the speed to low. Slowly add the powdered sugar a little at a time.
- When all of the powdered sugar has been incorporated, turn the speed to medium and beat until the cream cheese is light and fluffy — about 2 minutes.
- Add the whipped cream back to the cream cheese mixture and fold it in gently.
- Add the cheesecake filling to the chilled crust and smooth out the top. Place the cheesecake in the freezer to chill for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, run a knife around the edge between the crust and the pan and then release the springform pan.
- To slice, run a sharp knife under hot water and slice through the cheesecake. Run the knife under hot water and wipe it clean between each slice.
- Serve the cheesecake chilled and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also use a store-bought graham cracker crust instead!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.