Once you try making frozen bagel bites in the air fryer, you’ll never want to cook them any other way again! They’re ready in less than 15 minutes and will be devoured even faster.
If you’re familiar with my blog, you probably know how much I love air frying frozen foods for a quick and easy snack or dinner. So of course, I just had to try making bagel bites in the air fryer!
Let me tell you, this method did not disappoint. The air fryer gets them wonderfully crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, with the perfect melted cheesy goodness on top! Best of all, they’re ready in less than 15 minutes.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- The easiest instructions for making air fryer bagel bites
- How long to cook bagel bites in an air fryer
- How to prep homemade pizza bagel bites to cook in the air fryer
- The best way to take bagel bites out of the air fryer
Skip the box directions for making frozen bagel bites in the oven or microwave and give them a shot in the air fryer instead. After one bite, you’ll never want to make them any other way again.
This recipe is great for making a quick snack for the kids after school or when you want to treat yourself to some melty goodness. I usually go for the three cheese or pepperoni flavor from Ore Ida, but you can use any flavor you like!
How to Cook Bagel Bites in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Place the frozen bagel bites in the air fryer in a single layer, leaving a little space around each one.
STEP THREE: Cook for 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown.
How Long to Cook Bagel Bites in the Air Fryer
As long as you preheat your air fryer, your pizza bagel bites should be done in 7 to 9 minutes.
But keep in mind that every air fryer is a little different, so I recommend checking for doneness at 7 minutes. From there, continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the bites are golden brown.
Can I Make Homemade Pizza Bagels in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! They’re super easy to make and taste amazing. Here’s how:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Take a regular or mini bagel and top with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings. You can even mix and match if you like!
- Set your homemade pizza bagel bites in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. That’s it!
Keep in mind that your homemade mini bagel bites will take less time to cook since they aren’t frozen. After preheating the air fryer, even just a minute or two will be enough to get the cheese a little browned and the outside crispy.
What Should I Use to Take the Bagel Bites out of the Air Fryer?
I would highly recommend using silicone tongs to remove the bagel bites from the air fryer. You can also do it VERY carefully with your hands, but if possible, silicone tongs are always the best and safest choice.
You definitely don’t want to use metal tongs as these can scrape the bottom of your air fryer.
Can I Use Parchment Paper or Foil in the Air Fryer?
You bet! In fact, both options will make clean-up a breeze, so I always suggest using them. To learn more and decide which method is best for you, check out my posts about air fryer parchment paper or putting foil in an air fryer.
Do I Need to Preheat My Air Fryer to Cook Air Fryer Bagel Bites?
I strongly recommend preheating your air fryer for this and many other recipes. It allows your food to cook in a shorter amount of time, ensures more even cooking, and gives you the best crispy and melty texture!
To learn more, visit my post about preheating your air fryer.
Other Frozen Foods to Try in your Air Fryer:
- Air Fryer Uncrustables
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer Mini Frozen Corn Dogs
- Frozen Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
- Popcorn Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- 12 to 15 Frozen Bagel Bites
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place frozen bagel bites in your air fryer, leaving a little space around each of them.
- Cook for 7 to 9 minutes. Every air fryer is a little different so check for doneness at 7 minutes and then continue cooking till they are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.