Crispy Tater Tots in the air fryer come out golden brown and cook in just minutes!
If you’re wondering how to make tater tots crispy, odds are you haven’t tried cooking tater tots in the air fryer yet.
Air frying tater tots come out with a crispy outer layer while the inside of the potato puffs stays crispy. It makes for the best tater rounds you can make!
While you could make homemade tater tots, I find these air fryer frozen tater tots are just too easy to make and have them on hand in my freezer all the time.
Whether you’re cooking Ore Ida tater tots in the air fryer or any other kind of air fryer frozen tater tots, this is a recipe you’ll be making on repeat — especially if you have kids!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make tater tots in the air fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place the frozen tater tots in the air fryer and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket or turning the potato tots halfway through cooking.
STEP THREE: Remove the tater tots from the air fryer and enjoy immediately (wait a minute or two so the insides don’t burn your mouth!).
How Long To Cook Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
Frozen air fried tater tots cook in just 7 to 9 minutes.
They come out perfectly crispy and ready to be served with whatever dipping sauce you prefer.
Dipping Sauce Ideas for Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Barbecue Sauce
- Nacho Cheese
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Avocado Crema
Tips to Make The Crispiest Tater Tots in the Air Fryer
- Air fry tater tots in a single layer for the most even cooking
- Use your favorite brand of tater tots — whether it be Ore Ida, Alexia, or even Great Value (I personally love Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns)
- Season the tater tots for an extra flavorful side — I’ve been loving this tater tot seasoning with them lately
- Mini tater tots will take less time to cook, so check them around the 5-minute mark.
- Want them extra crispy? Cook the air fryer tots for another 1 to 2 minutes until they are a dark golden brown
What To Serve With Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
Can You Reheat Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees and cook the tater tots for about 3-5 minutes until they’re warm and crispy.
- Remove them from the air fryer basket and enjoy!
More Tater Tot Recipes
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
- Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Fries
- Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen tater tots into the air fryer filling the basket no more than halfway.
- Cook tater tots for 7 to 9 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove tots from the air fryer and enjoy immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.