This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Tater Tots in the air fryer are the crispiest you’ve ever tasted and are super simple to make!
Air frying frozen foods must be my favorite way to use my air fryer machine. These air fryer tater tots come out crispy on the outside and are so much better than the normal oven.
This specific recipe uses frozen tater tots and no oil!
That means you just stick the tater tots in the air fryer, follow the directions with the temperature and how long to cook the tater tots, and then they’re ready to eat!
I love making frozen tater tots as a quick side dish to many weeknight dinners. This recipe is done within 9 minutes, so I can just throw them in the air fryer after our main dish is cooking.
I even make these in the summer when food is cooking on the grill. An air fryer doesn’t heat up the house like an oven does, meaning no extra AC running!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make tater tots in the air fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees for about 5 minutes. Preheating is essential when air frying as it allows the food to cook evenly, just like when you preheat an oven.
I like to preheat my air fryer when I am working on other parts of my meal so it’s ready to go when I want.
- Place the frozen tater tots into the air fryer filling the basket up to half full. The more tater tots you stack, the longer they will take to cook.
If you need to cook more tater tots than your air fryer allows, you will need to cook in batches.
- Cook tater tots for 7-9 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove the air fryer tater tots and enjoy immediately (wait a minute or two so the insides don’t burn your mouth!).
Want to load these tater tots up even more? Try our Loaded Totchos recipe made right in the air fryer!
You can even make this Tater Tot Casserole made with no meat too!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
You can cook frozen tater tots in 7 minutes in a preheated air fryer at a temperature of 400 degrees. They come out perfectly crispy and ready to be served with whatever dipping sauce you prefer.
I’m team ketchup!
Can You Reheat Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
I absolutely love reheating food in my air fryer and reheating these air fryer tater tots are definitely possible.
- Preheat your air fryer at 350 degrees and cook the tater tots for about 3-5 minutes until they’re warm.
- Remove them from the air fryer machine and enjoy!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings
- Air Fryer Crispy French Fries — The Quick Way
- Frozen Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen tater tots into the air fryer filling the basket no more than halfway.
- Cook tater tots for 7 to 9 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Remove tots from the air fryer and enjoy immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.