Your whole family will go crazy for this crispy and delicious frozen Texas Toast in the air fryer! Whether you use fresh or frozen, these irresistible slices will be ready in 10 minutes or less.
Looking for an easy bread to serve with your main course that isn’t dinner rolls? Or maybe you want something amazing to dip in your soup?
Or perhaps you’re assembling the most delicious sandwich ever? No matter the case, you simply have to try making Texas Toast in the air fryer!
Thick slices of bread with an irresistible golden-brown crust on the outside are a perfect complement to any meal.
And thanks to the magic of the air fryer, this tasty bread side can be ready in 10 minutes or less!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make air fryer Texas Toast from fresh or frozen
- Tips for making the most amazing thick and crispy slices every time
- The best brands for making this Texas Toast air fryer recipe
- What to serve with Texas Toast
If your family is anything like mine, they will never say no to Texas Toast. Just the smell is enough to bring them all running to the table!
How to Make Fresh Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, so they are not overlapping.
STEP TWO: Air fry at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
How to Make Frozen Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
- Place the frozen Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, so they are not overlapping.
- 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
Making frozen cheese Texas Toast? The instructions are slightly different!
- Place the frozen cheese Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, so they are not overlapping.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F for 6-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. Do not flip.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Don’t overcrowd the basket! The key to super-crispy toast is making sure the air can circulate around each slice. Overcrowding will also make the toast take longer to cook.
- If you’re making fresh or frozen Texas Toast, be sure to flip halfway through the cooking time for the evenest results. However, if you’re making cheesy Texas Toast, skip the flipping, so the cheese doesn’t fall off the slice.
- Because Texas Toast already contains butter, you don’t need to spray the air fryer basket. Overgreasing could prevent the slices from crisping up fully.
What is Texas Toast?
Some people may tell you Texas Toast is simply white bread that’s been brushed with garlic butter and just like garlic bread. But if you ask me, there’s a little more to it than that!
They say everything’s bigger in Texas, so it makes sense that the bread used for this recipe is about twice the thickness of regular white bread.
Each slice is generously buttered on both sides; then, traditional recipes will broil or grill the bread until toasty and golden brown.
For this recipe, we let the air fryer cook the Texas Toast to crispy perfection. It’s my favorite method for getting perfect, hearty slices every time!
What Brand of Texas Toast Should You Use?
Whichever one you like! Pepperidge Farm and New York Bakery are two of my favorite brands, but you’re welcome to grab whatever is most convenient for you.
You could also make your own Texas Toast if you like! You want to start with a loaf of white bread that has been sliced to about twice the thickness of standard white bread.
Simply melt some butter in the microwave, add garlic powder and salt, brush it onto the slices, then follow the instructions for fresh Texas Toast in the air fryer like usual.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Steak
- Frozen Ham in the Instant Pot
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Tri Tip Crock Pot
Other Air Fryer Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- 4 slices Texas Toast, frozen or fresh
- Place the Texas Toast slices into the basket in a single layer, so they are not overlapping.
- FOR FROZEN TOAST air fry at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
FOR FROZEN CHEESE TOAST, air fry at 350 degrees F for 6-10 minutes without flipping until the cheese is melted and golden.
FOR FRESH TOAST, air fry at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.