This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
This simple recipe for air fryer pork loin roast is the best way to get a crispy, golden crust on the outside with tender, juicy, perfectly cooked meat on the inside!
Looking for an easy dish that’s perfect for celebrations, holiday gatherings, or simply enjoying a nice meal with the family? This air fryer pork loin roast only takes minutes to prep for a mouth-watering dish that’s always a hit!
Pork loin (not to be confused with tenderloin) is a larger cut of meat that’s great for feeding a crowd.
And when you use the air fryer, you’ll get a crispy, golden crust on the outside with tender, juicy, perfectly-cooked meat on the inside. How delicious does that sound?
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make pork loin in the air fryer
- The difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin
- How to store leftover pork loin roast
- What to serve with your air fryer pork loin
- Why letting your pork rest is a crucial step in the cooking process
- How to cook frozen pork loin in the air fryer
- How to reheat pork loin using the air fryer
The cooking process is so simple, but the result is out of this world. If you’ve been looking for a great dish for Sunday dinner or a family get-together, air fryer pork loin is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Loin
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees for 5 minutes.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, whisk together the seasonings. Trim away any excess fat from the outside of the pork loin, then rub the meat all over with the seasonings.
STEP THREE: Lightly coat the inside of the air fryer with oil spray, then place the pork loin in the basket.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 12-14 minutes per pound (about 35-40 minutes total), flipping once to ensure even cooking. The roast should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the pork loin to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
What is the Difference Between Pork Loin and Pork Tenderloin?
Pork loin and pork tenderloin come from different parts of the animal. So, despite the similarity of the names, they are actually two very different cuts of meat.
Pork tenderloin is lean and tender. It comes from a muscle that runs along the backbone, and it can be a pricier cut of meat.
Pork loin, on the other hand, is a wider and fatter cut from the back of the animal that gives you a great bang for your buck.
The good news is that both cuts will make a delicious pork roast. If you’re looking for a tenderloin recipe, try my easy marinated pork tenderloin in the air fryer!
The Easy Way to Make Air Fryer Pork Loin
One of the things I love about the air fryer is that it really does all of the hard work for you. For this recipe, all you have to do is season the meat, then let the air fryer work its magic.
The trick is to make sure you have the right cooking time.
I recommend cooking the pork loin roast for 12-14 minutes per pound. So, for example:
- 1.5 lb pork loin = 18-21 minutes
- 3 lb pork loin = 36-42 minutes
At the end of the day, it’s pretty amazing that you can cook a 3 lb pork loin in the air fryer in less than 45 minutes.
Plus, while it’s cooking, you’ll have plenty of time to prep all of your delicious side dishes!
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Pork Loin
If you have extra pork roast, you’re in luck! The leftovers will make for another amazing meal or two.
Simply store pork loin in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, cooked pork will last for 3 to 4 days.
And if you want to know my favorite way of reheating pork loin in the air fryer, see below!
Ideas for What to Serve with Pork Loin
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan
- Air Fryer Green Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
Why is it Important to Let Pork Sit Before Cutting?
Whether you’re cooking pork, beef, or any other large cut of meat, it’s very important to let the meat rest before slicing.
I know how tempting it is to cut right into your food, but you don’t want to skip this step!
When meat is hot, the fibers actually contract, which squeezes out the juices. By letting the meat rest, the fibers will relax and start to reabsorb the liquid.
So, if you cut the meat too early, you risk losing all of those wonderful juices and ending up with a dish that’s too dry.
How to Cook Frozen Pork Loin in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, whisk together the seasonings. Trim away any excess fat from the outside of the pork loin, then rub the meat all over with the seasonings.
STEP TWO: Wrap the pork loin in plastic wrap, place it in a plastic zipper bag, and freeze.
STEP THREE: When you’re ready to cook, lightly spray the inside of the air fryer with oil spray. Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Place the pork loin in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 60 minutes, flipping once, or until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Transfer the pork loin to a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
How to Reheat Pork Loin in the Air Fryer
- Lightly spray the inside of the air fryer with oil spray.
- Slice the pork loin to your desired thickness.
- Place the pork loin slices in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 3 minutes, or until warmed through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F.
- Whisk the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim away any excess fat from the outside of the pork loin then rub the pork all over with the seasoning mix.
- Place the pork loin in the air fryer and cook for 35 to 40 minutes,* flipping once halfway through cooking until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork loin from the air fryer and transfer it to a cutting board. Allow it to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing then enjoy!
*Cook pork loin 12 to 14 minutes per pound
How to Reheat Pork Loin in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
2. Cook the leftover pork loin for about 3 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
3. Remove the pork loin from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to Cook Frozen Pork Loin in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
2. Place the frozen pork loin in the air fryer and cook for about 60 minutes, flipping halfway through until the roast hits 145 degrees internally.
3. Remove the pork loin from the air fryer, let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing, then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 60g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.