Air Fryer Bone-in Pork Chops are breaded with Italian breadcrumbs for a crispy texture and juicy inside.
We’re constantly making easy dinners in our house and this recipe for breaded pork chops in the air fryer is no exception.
Just mix the ingredients, cover the pork chops, and cook!
You can even make the pork chops for frozen in those last-minute dinner decision times (we’ve all been there).
They taste just like fried pork chops. The best part is you can make them with bone-in or boneless pork chops and thick or thin ones too!
In this post I will go over the following:
- The best pork chops to use in the air fryer
- Directions to make breaded bone-in pork chops in the air fryer
- What temperature pork chops need to be cooked at
- Instructions for making this recipe with boneless pork chops
- How to cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer
- How to reheat pork chops in the air fryer
If you’re looking for a recipe for shake and bake pork chops in the air fryer, check out our recipe here.
What are the Best Pork Chops for the Air Fryer?
You can cook any kind of pork chop inside the air fryer, but some cuts will turn on juicier than others. To get the juiciest pork chop, look for the following:
- Bone-in pork chops – the bone helps keep extra moisture inside the pork chop to make it extra juicy
- Thicker pork chops – I love cooking thicker pork chops (around 1 inch) in the air fryer. The outside can get that golden-brown crust while the inside stays moist and doesn’t dry out at all!
Don’t like air fryer bone-in pork chops? Don’t worry! It’s still possible to get juicy boneless pork chops in the air fryer following this recipe or this boneless air fryer pork chops recipe with Parmesan cheese! You can also try our Air Fryer Pork Steaks recipe with BBQ sauce too!
How to Make Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and trim any fat on the pork chops, if needed.
STEP TWO: In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, thyme, paprika, and pepper.
STEP THREE: Coat each pork chop with mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (if using) coating it on both sides then into the breading mixture, making sure it’s completely coated again.
Using mayonnaise or Miracle Whip will result in a juicier breading.
If you choose to omit the mayo/Miracle Whip, you may need to spritz your pork chops with a little oil using an EVO Oil Mister halfway through cooking to keep the breadcrumbs from drying out.
STEP FOUR: Place the breaded bone-in pork chops in the air fryer in one layer and cook for 7-9 minutes. I found thicker pork chops took about 14-16 minutes.
Carefully flip the pork chops halfway through cooking and they are done as soon as an Instant-Read Thermometer hits 145 degrees.
I love to use my Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer because it shows the temperature in just 3 seconds. This means I can keep more heat inside the air fryer if they need to cook a little longer.
STEP FIVE: Remove the air fryer breaded pork chops and enjoy!
Can You Stack Pork Chops in the Air Fryer?
No, it’s important to keep any kind of raw meat in a single layer not touching. This ensures the pork chops cook evenly.
You can use multiple racks if using an air fryer oven or air fryer accessory kit. Just remember the heat comes from the top, so the top rack will cook much faster than the bottom rack.
Do I Need to Preheat My Air Fryer?
Yes, preheating your air fryer allows the most even cooking.
It will also help your air fryer bone-in pork chops cook faster, keeping extra juices in and make the crispy breading golden brown.
What Temperature are Pork Chops Done Cooking At?
Pork chops must be cooked to 145 degrees F. It is okay if there is still a little pink inside the pork chops if they hit that internal temperature at its thickest point.
The key to getting a super juicy bone-in pork chop from the air fryer is to pull them out JUST as the pork loin chops hit 145 degrees. This will keep them from drying out or getting tough.
Can I Use This Recipe with Boneless Pork Chops?
Yes! Just add an extra 3-5 minutes of cooking for boneless breaded pork chops in the air fryer. Thicker pork chops may take an additional 2-4 minutes.
Use an Instant-Read Thermometer and pull out the pork chops JUST as they hit 145 degrees F for crispy juicy pork loin chops!
What to Serve with Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Mac and Cheese (or an easy Stovetop variety)
How to Make Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer:
I love cooking everything in my air fryer from frozen. It has saved me multiple times when the kids are hungry for dinner and I realize it’s still in the freezer.
To make air fryer frozen pork chops, use the following directions:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Coat the pork chops with mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on both sides and coat with breadcrumb mixture. You must use mayo or Miracle Whip for the breading to stick.
- Put the frozen pork chops in the air fryer and cook for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
NOTE: If using thicker frozen pork chops, drop the temperature to 380 degrees and cook for a few minutes longer.
And, if you want to make unbreaded frozen pork chops in the air fryer, follow the directions here.
How to Reheat Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cook leftover pork chops for 2-3 minutes, until warmed thoroughly.
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy!
- Make Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops! Omit the egg and add 2 tablespoons of oil to your breadcrumb mixture. Stir until it’s evenly mixed then add all the ingredients into a bag and shake! Cook as shown above.
- Add in some Parmesan Cheese! Switch out half of the breadcrumbs for Parmesan cheese for a delicious Parmesan-crusted variety.
Other Air Fryer Pork Recipes You’ll Love:
- Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Chili Lime Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Thin Pork Chops
- Pork Loin in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- 2 bone-in pork chops, center-cut (thin OR thick)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, optional*
- 1 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of paprika
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and trim any fat on the pork chops as needed.
- In a flat shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Cover the pork chops with a light coating of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (is using) then place the pork chops in the breadcrumb mixture and coat all sides evenly.
- Place breaded pork chops into the air fryer in one layer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through cooking. If cooking thicker pork chops, cook for 14-15 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the air fryer and enjoy!
* the mayonnaise/Miracle Whip helps keep the breadcrumbs moist while cooking. You may need to spritz a little oil on the pork chops halfway through cooking if omitted.
How to Cook Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Coat frozen pork chops with mayo/Miracle Whip (mandatory with frozen pork chops) then with the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Cook the pork chops for 14-16 minutes, until they read 145 degrees. Allow more time for thicker pork chops.
4. Remove the bone-in pork chops from the air fryer and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 45g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.