This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin is marinated in a mustard-glazed oil then cooked to tender perfection.
There’s nothing better than throwing a marinated pork tenderloin in the air fryer and quickly cooking it for dinner. Even better, when the whole family, including the kids, enjoy it!
In this post, I am going to show you how to cook air fryer pork tenderloin, if you can cook pork tenderloin from frozen in an air fryer, how to reheat pork tenderloin in an air fryer, and how to get the best results when cooking.
I used a Smithfield pork tenderloin, but any brand of pork will do. If using an already marinated piece of pork, skip the marinade and just follow the cooking time and directions.
I made this recipe in my Cosori 5.8QT air fryer. The square basket gives it the perfect width to cook a full frozen pork tenderloin when placed diagonally.
What is Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is often confused for pork loin because of its similar name. This recipe calls for pork tenderloin. Using pork loin will not work in this recipe.
Pork tenderloin is the muscle that runs alongside the backbone and is essentially a long and thinner piece of boneless pork.
It’s often known as pork filet.
Pork loin is a wider piece of pork from the animal’s back. It may be sold bone-in or boneless. This is the typical cut of meat you need when making a pork roast.
Here is a great article to read about the differences to make sure you pick up the right cut of meat at the store.
What Temperature Should Pork Tenderloin Be Cooked To?
Pork tenderloin should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees and needs to rest for at least 3 minutes before cutting into slices or medallions.
It is okay for the cooked pork to be a little pink inside as long as it’s cooked to 145 degrees.
Pulling the tenderloin out at as close to 145 degrees as possible will produce nice and tender meat.
I use the Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer to get a quick read of my food while cooking in an air fryer. It only takes 3 to 5 seconds to get a full read, which means more heat can stay in my air fryer!
How to Make Marinated Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from its packaging.
- Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add marinade and pork tenderloin to a plastic Ziploc bag and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but up to 5 days.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the bag and carefully place it in the air fryer.
- Cook the marinated pork tenderloin in the air fryer for 22 to 25 minutes, flipping halfway. It is done cooking when the thickest part reads at least 145 degrees.
- Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into small medallions.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How Long Can I Marinade the Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin is thick meat that won’t break down in marinade as quickly as chicken would.
Marinated pork tenderloin can be safely marinated in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To get the full marinated taste, I recommend marinating the pork for at least 30 minutes, but stretch it to an hour if possible.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Marinating It?
Yes! Marinades are a great way to hold more flavor in, but you can still make this air fryer pork tenderloin recipe without marinating it for 30 minutes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients as stated in the recipe below. Separate about 1/4th of the marinade into another bowl or dish and set aside.
- Put the remaining marinade and pork tenderloin in a Ziploc bag and mix them to coat the pork well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and allow the pork to sit in the marinade during this.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and carefully place the pork tenderloin in the air fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Baste half of the remaining marinade on top of the pork, then flip and baste the other side. Cook for an additional 10-13 minutes until the pork hits an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Can You Cook Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin from Frozen?
Yes! It is completely possible to cook frozen pork tenderloin in the air fryer. You can literally just take it out of the freezer and place it into your air fryer.
Since frozen meat is rock solid, it’s important to measure your frozen meat to ensure the pork tenderloin will fit. I cook mine diagonally in my Cosori Air Fryer.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a cold air fryer. I find that cooking thicker meat from frozen does better when cooking from an air fryer that hasn’t been preheated.
- Turn your air fryer to 330 degrees and cook for 33-38 minutes, flipping it halfway until the pork reaches 160 degrees. If using the marinade above, baste the pork tenderloin on both sides halfway through cooking. I use this basting brush to evenly spread it on top.
- Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
How to Reheat Pork Tenderloin in an Air Fryer
I love reheating food in my air fryer, especially last night’s dinner. It’s one of the things people overlook when using their air fryer.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Slice the pork into medallions, if not already.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes, until heated thoroughly and enjoy!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Turkey Cutlets
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the pork tenderloin from its packaging and place aside.
- Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper into a bowl then add to a Ziploc gallon bag.
- Add the pork tenderloin to the bag, close it, and cover it with the marinade. Marinate the pork for 30 minutes, but up to 5 days while refrigerated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the bag and place in the air fryer. Cook for 22 to 25 minutes flipping halfway through until it hits 145 degrees internally.
- Let the air fryer pork tenderloin rest for at least 5 minutes, slice into medallions, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pork tenderloin for 3 to 5 minutes, until heated thoroughly and enjoy!
How to Cook Frozen Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer:
1. Place frozen pork tenderloin in the air fryer and turn it to 330 degrees.
2. Cook the pork tenderloin for 33 to 38 minutes, until it reaches 145 degrees at its thickest point, flipping and basting the marinade above halfway through cooking then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1693mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 14g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.