This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
For perfectly cooked turkey breast that turns out tender and juicy every time, you have to try this easy air fryer turkey tenderloin recipe!
Who doesn’t love finding healthy, delicious dinners that can be ready in less than half an hour?
Especially ones that are as easy as this air fryer turkey tenderloin recipe! When busy weeknights have you rushing around, this dish is here to save the day.
Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, your turkey can go from fridge to table in just 30 minutes.
And you only need four simple ingredients to whip it up! Best of all, the turkey turns out juicy and tender every single time.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make turkey tenderloin in the air fryer in just 30 minutes
- How to know when your tenderloin has finished cooking
- How to cook frozen turkey breast tenderloin in the air fryer
- What to serve with this turkey tenderloin recipe
Turkey is such a great source of lean protein. And when it turns out this delicious, you can be sure the whole family will love it. Talk about a win-win!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
STEP TWO: Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper, then sprinkle ½ a tablespoon of Italian seasoning on each one.
STEP THREE: Place the turkey tenderloin in the air fryer side by side not touching as much as possible.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 25 minutes, flipping the tenderloin once. They’re finished cooking once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
STEP FIVE: Allow the tenderloin to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Is Turkey Tenderloin the Same as Turkey Breast?
Tenderloin just refers to a specific portion of the turkey breast. The difference is that turkey breast is typically bone-in and skin-on and about 4 to 6 pounds, while turkey tenderloin is boneless and skinless.
Even though tenderloin will be a little smaller than the breast, it’s still a good-sized portion. I usually buy Jennie O turkey tenderloin, which ranges from 1.5 lb to 2 lb cuts of meat!
You can also compare these to Air Fryer Turkey Cutlets that are even smaller than turkey tenderloins. I compare them to a thin chicken breast size.
What Temperature Should Turkey Tenderloin Be Cooked To?
According to the U.S.D.A., turkey needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees to be considered safe to eat. This includes the tenderloin portion.
I recommend using an Instant-Read Thermometer to get the internal temperature quickly. That way, you’ll know exactly when your air fryer turkey breast tenderloin is done and won’t risk over-cooking it!
I’ve had great success with my Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer reading meats within 2 to 3 seconds!
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Tenderloins in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees.
- Place about a tablespoon of oil in a small bowl and mix in the rest of the seasonings.
- Baste the oil and seasoning mixture onto the turkey then place the turkey tenderloins in the air fryer.
- Cook until the turkey tenderloins reach 165 degrees at its thickest point. This can take up to 40 to 50 minutes depending on the thickness of the tenderloin.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
How to Reheat Turkey Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover turkey tenderloin in the air fryer.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until warmed through.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- Air Fryer Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
- Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Ninja Foodi Rice
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Cornish Hen
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- The Best Air Fryer Thanksgiving Recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- (2) 1.5 pound turkey tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper evenly on the turkey.
- Place the turkey tenderloins inside the air fryer and cook for 25 minutes, flipping once. The internal temperature of the tenderloin should be 165 degrees.
- Remove the turkey from the air fryer, let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
How to Reheat Turkey Tenderloin in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place leftover turkey tenderloin in the air fryer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes (2 to 3 minutes for slices).
Cook Frozen Turkey Tenderloin in the Air Fryer at 330 degrees until it reaches 165 degrees at its thickest point. This can take up to 40 to 50 minutes depending on thickness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 34g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.