Using 5 ingredients that you already have on hand, you can easily make a delicious and hearty meal of air fryer turkey burgers any night of the week!
If you’re ready to change up your burger routine, this recipe for turkey burgers in the air fryer is exactly what you’re looking for!
This was definitely the case for me: burgers have always been a favorite of mine, but recently I felt like my traditional beef burgers were getting a little too repetitive.
The recipe I’ve come up with satisfies my craving for a hearty meal but provides enough variety from my beef burgers to surprise my tastebuds.
Ground turkey is just as juicy as ground beef but with a milder flavor, so the more spices, the better.
The ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in my recipe stand out, and the bread crumbs add an amazing texture that keeps my burger together and also holds onto the juices.
If your turkey burgers are still frozen, use these directions instead and you can reheat the burgers with these directions.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to get the perfect air fryer turkey burger temperature, so they are juicy and cooked through.
- What to serve with turkey burgers
- How to cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer.
- Why chilling your patties before cooking is so important.
Air fryer turkey burgers are easy to make, from fresh or frozen. A couple of quick tips will keep your burgers from sticking, giving you a perfectly cooked sandwich.
How To Make Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
STEP TWO: Portion your meat mixture into 4 equal patties, each ½ inch thick. Place patties on a large plate in one layer, trying to keep them from touching. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
STEP THREE: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F then add the air fryer turkey burgers in one layer.
STEP FOUR: Cook for 7-8 minutes, then flip the burgers, cooking for an additional 7-8 minutes. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
STEP FIVE: Remove each air fryer turkey burger from the basket and rest for 5 minutes before serving to allow juices to absorb into the patty. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, or other burger condiments, and enjoy!
What to Serve with Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
How Long Can Homemade Burgers Stay In The Freezer?
These air fryer turkey burgers can be assembled and frozen for up to 2 months.
Just make sure they have not been heated at all prior to freezing and wrap them individually — this will make them easy to pull out and cook, one serving at a time.
No need to thaw these before cooking, since you can cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer, too! To cook from frozen, follow steps 4 and 5 but preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
Are Panko Breadcrumbs Good For Burgers?
If you have panko breadcrumbs and not Italian breadcrumbs, don’t worry!
The breadcrumbs in this recipe are used to hold the burger together, and panko breadcrumbs work just as well as Italian breadcrumbs for this purpose.
There is a slight textual difference between the two types of breadcrumbs, but their flavors are very similar. Panko breadcrumbs also do a better job of holding in some of the natural juices.
Why Should I Chill My Burgers Before Cooking?
Bringing meat to room temperature before cooking is often recommended, but by chilling these burgers for 30 minutes first, you will ensure they stay together and also stay as juicy as possible!
This will also keep your patties from overcooking, helping you reach a perfectly even air fryer turkey burger temperature every time!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Impossible Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders – No Breading
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, or your favorite burger toppings
- Place the ground turkey in a mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Use a fork to mix the contents of the bowl together well, being sure not to overmix.
- Shape into four ½-inch thick round patties and place them on a large plate. Chill the patties in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat an air fryer to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the burgers in an even layer in the basket.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 915mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.