Craving a juicy meal that can be ready fast? Try making frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer! Perfectly cooked and full of flavor, these burgers are a weeknight game-changer.
Ever had that burger craving hit, but your turkey patties are frozen solid? Forget the defrost drama and whip up frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer!
Imagine biting into a high-protein turkey burger that’s cooked to perfection—crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and bursting with flavor! And all this without the wait or mess of stovetop or oven methods.
That’s why the air fryer is the best way to cook this dish!
Frozen turkey patties can be a busy weeknight lifesaver, thanks to the magic of the air fryer. If you’ve struggled with dry turkey burgers in the past, get ready for juicy burgers the whole family is sure to love!
And, if your turkey burgers are already thawed, use this recipe instead.
How to Make Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Spray both sides of the turkey burger patties with an oil mister, then place them in an even layer inside the air fryer basket. Season with salt and pepper.
STEP TWO: Air fry frozen turkey burgers at 380 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
STEP THREE: If adding cheese, add it to the patties after they are done cooking, closed in the air fryer with it off for 1 to 2 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Serve on buns or lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings.
How long do you cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer?
The cooking time for frozen turkey patties can vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer. Generally, they will take around 15 minutes at 380 degrees F.
To ensure they are cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
There are so many delicious options to serve with air fryer frozen turkey burgers!
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Different brands like Butterball or Jennie O might have slight variations in cooking time. Adjust the final timing based on thickness.
- Avoid overcrowding. Give those patties some space for even cooking! It’s always better to work in multiple batches if necessary.
- I highly recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer to know when your turkey burgers are perfectly cooked. Aim for 165F in the center of the burger.
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper just before air frying will elevate the flavors of your burgers.
- If you want to add cheese, wait until the last minute to do so. The heat of the burger and air fryer will help the cheese stick to the surface so it doesn’t go flying.
What kind of topping should I add to my air fryer frozen turkey burgers?
Try classic options like lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles.
For a more unique twist, top your burger with avocado slices, grilled pineapple, or even coleslaw for some added crunch and flavor.
Experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, pepper jack, or feta, for a delicious cheeseburger variation.
And don’t forget the condiments – ketchup, mustard, and mayo are always a classic choice, but you can also try BBQ sauce, sriracha mayo, or ranch dressing for added flavor.
Other Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Turkey Meatballs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- 4 frozen raw turkey patties, 1/3lb
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the burger patties in an even layer inside and spray both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 380F for 15-18 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, until it’s cooked to 165F internally.
- If adding cheese, add it to the patties at the last minute of the cooking time.
- Serve on buns or lettuce wraps with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.