Need a quick veggie side that’s kid-approved? Air fryer carrot chips have delightfully crispy edges and tender centers with just the right seasonings to make the flavors pop!
Looking for an easy veggie side that will brighten up any meal? These air fryer carrot chips add a gorgeous pop of orange and taste just as good as they look!
This tender carrot side dish is lightly seasoned for a mild taste that would complement almost any main course.
Best of all, they take less than 5 minutes to prep and air fry to perfection in 10. You can go from fridge to table in 15 minutes flat!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My hassle-free method for making tasty carrot chips in the air fryer
- What to serve with this tasty veggie side
- Tips for making the best air fryer carrot chips
- How to make carrot chips from scratch if you don’t want to use pre-cut crinkle carrots
If you ask me, the fact that these carrot chips look so much like Ruffles is what convinced my kids to try them in the first place.
However, unlike regular chips, carrot chips get nice and crispy on the edges while staying tender in the center. But once the kids tried a bite, they were sold!
And there’s just something fun about eating your veggies with your hands.
So whenever you want a nice, healthy side that you know the kids will devour, you’ll love having air fryer carrot chips ready to serve in just 15 minutes!
I made this recipe using the 5.7 QT Instant Pot Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrot Chips
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, toss the crinkle carrot chips, oil, salt, and garlic powder until all carrots are evenly coated.
STEP TWO: Air fry at 380 F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
STEP THREE: Serve warm with a sprinkle of parsley if desired.
What Do Air Fried Carrot Chips Taste Like?
Just like cooked carrots, carrot chips take on a mildly sweet taste. The seasonings you use will also have a big impact on the flavor.
I like to make savory chips, but you could also switch it up and use some sweet flavors instead!
While carrot chips look almost exactly like cheddar and sour cream Ruffles, they do have a slightly different texture.
The edges get wonderfully crispy while the centers keep some of that tender cooked-carrot softness you’re used to. The combination is delightful!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
- 5 Ingredient Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Beef Wellington without Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup
Tips for Making the Best Carrot Chips in the Air Fryer
- When tossing the carrot chips with the oil and seasoning, make sure everything is evenly coated. The oil is what helps the chips get the perfect texture in the air fryer, while the seasonings really bring out the flavor.
- Don’t forget to shake the basket halfway through so the chips can cook as evenly as possible.
- Want to change up the flavors? Swap out the oil and seasonings for melted butter, cinnamon, sugar, and a little vanilla extract for a sweet and crunchy treat!
Can You Make Crinkle Carrot Chips From Scratch?
You bet! I like to buy crinkle-cut carrot chips from the grocery store to save time, but you could absolutely cut the carrots yourself if you prefer.
Start by peeling whole carrots, then use a mandoline slicer to cut them into the desired shape. You want them to be thin, but not potato-chip thin.
More Carrot Recipes
- Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- Instant Pot Glazed Baby Carrots
How to Store and Reheat Carrot Chips in the Air Fryer
If you have leftover air fried carrot chips, make sure you let them fully cool before storing them in an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh in the fridge for up to a week.
When you’re ready to reheat them, I recommend using the air fryer to get them nice and crispy on the edges!
- Place the leftover carrot chips in the air fryer basket in as close to a single layer as you can
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until crispy and heated all the way through.
More Air Fryer Chips Recipes:
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Carrot Chips
Air fryer carrot chips might become your family’s new favorite way to eat their veggies! They’re lightly seasoned with crispy edges and can be ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 pound bag crinkle carrot chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss the carrots, oil, salt, and garlic powder until all carrots are evenly coated.
- Air fry at 380 F for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of parsley if desired.
How to reheat carrot chips:
1. Place carrot chips in your air fryer.
2. Cook at 375 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.