Craving a plant based burger that can be ready fast? With Impossible Burgers in the air fryer, you’re only 10 minutes away from a juicy, delicious, satisfying veggie burger!
Whether you follow a vegan diet or you just want to incorporate some meat-free meals into your life, you have to try an air fryer Impossible Burger!
It’s so juicy and delicious, you won’t even realize you’re eating a plant-based burger.
If you’ve never tried an Impossible Burger before, throw all your preconceived notions about veggie burgers out the window.
Even meat eaters will go crazy for these juicy patties. It’s hard to believe they’re totally vegan!
Best of all, you can air fry an Impossible Burger in 10 minutes. All that’s left is to grab your favorite bun, add all the toppings your heart desires, and enjoy!
How to Cook Impossible Burgers in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Season each patty with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings you like.
STEP TWO: Place the patties in a single layer in the basket. Lightly spray the tops of the patties with oil.
STEP THREE: Air fry Impossible Burgers for 5 minutes at 380 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: Carefully flip the patties, then continue cooking for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through.
Meat-Free Sides to Serve with Air Fryer Impossible Burgers
- 4-Ingredient Potato Soup
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Simple Italian Pasta Salad with No Meat
- Tater Tot Casserole with No Meat
How Long to Impossible Burgers in the Air Fryer
We want the internal temperature of each patty to reach 160 degrees F.
The best way to get the most precise cooking time is to use an Instant Read Thermometer so you know exactly when your air fryer Impossible Burger is ready.
For me, cooking Impossible Burgers in the air fryer for 9-11 minutes, flipping at the halfway point, is usually the perfect amount of time.
If you’re not sure, start with 10 minutes total and adjust based on your preferences.
Tips for Making the Air Fryer Impossible Burgers
- Make sure the Impossible Burger is thawed prior to cooking. If your Impossible Burgers are frozen, increase the cooking time to 14-15 minutes, flipping after 8 minutes.
- A spritz of oil on the burgers will also help them get a nice crisp on the outside.
- Lay the Impossible Burgers in the air fryer basket in a single layer with space between each patty. This will allow them to cook evenly. Avoid overcrowding the basket.
- Flip the patties after 5 minutes so that both sides will develop a nice crust.
- If you want to add cheese, place your desired slice of regular or vegan cheese on top of the patty once the burgers have finished cooking, then close the air fryer basket for 2 minutes. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
More Delicious Meat-Free Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Other Air Fryer Vegetarian Dishes You’ll Love:
- 45 Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- 65 Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Beyond Burgers
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Tempeh
- Air Fryer Tofu
- 2 Impossible Burger patties, thawed
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- SERVE WITH: Burger buns or lettuce wraps, cheese, leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado, pickles, or your favorite toppings
- Season the burgers with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings you like.
- Place patties in a single layer in the basket, spraying them lightly with oil.
- Air fry for 5 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Carefully flip the patties and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through, the internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1082mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 34g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.