Craving hearty comfort that’s ready fast and tastes amazing? Try making air fryer gnocchi from frozen! The dumplings cook to absolute perfection in 15 minutes.
Looking for some hearty comfort food that can be ready fast? This air fryer gnocchi is made with frozen dumplings and can go from the freezer to the table in 15 minutes!
Crispy on the outside and pillowy-soft on the inside, air fried gnocchi is a delicious treat to serve with some warmed marinara sauce.
Just toss the frozen dumplings with oil and seasonings, then let the air fryer handle the rest. You can even throw in some Parmesan if you like!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My favorite way to make air fryer gnocchi from frozen for a convenient snack or meal that tastes amazing.
- How long to cook frozen gnocchi in the air fryer
- What side dishes I recommend serving with gnocchi
- What adjustments to make if you want to cook frozen cauliflower gnocchi in the air fryer instead
- The easiest way to reheat leftover gnocchi
This recipe is so good and so easy to make you may find yourself keeping a constant stock of frozen gnocchi in the back of your freezer.
It’s so nice to know that whenever the craving strikes, you can have hot and crispy mini dumplings ready to serve in 15 minutes!
I made this recipe using the 5.7 QT Instant Pot Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Gnocchi
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Toss the frozen gnocchi with the oil, garlic powder, and salt until all of the dumplings are evenly coated.
STEP TWO: Transfer to the air fryer, laying the gnocchi in as close to a single layer as possible.
STEP THREE: Air fry at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Shake the basket, sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over the gnocchi if using, then return to the air fryer and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until crispy.
STEP FIVE: Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan and parsley over the gnocchi, then serve warm with marinara sauce.
What Is Gnocchi?
While gnocchi is often lumped together with other types of pasta, this Italian dish is actually considered a dumpling!
The dough is made from a combination of potato, wheat flour, salt, and egg that is formed into small lumps.
Similar to pasta, gnocchi is fantastic with a bunch of different toppings and sauces. Warm marinara is my go-to, but you could also serve it with pesto, alfredo sauce, or a nice vodka sauce.
A traditional Italian way to serve gnocchi is with a light butter sauce topped with fresh sage!
Sometimes, I even let my family pick their own sauces and toppings. Everyone can choose between marinara, pesto, alfredo, or butter for their own perfect plate!
How Long to Cook Frozen Gnocchi in the Air Fryer
This is going to depend on the brand of gnocchi you use, as there can be slight variations in size and density. The goal is to cook the gnocchi until it’s crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside.
I recommend checking on your gnocchi around the 10-minute mark. You can spear one with a fork, blow on it until it’s cool enough to touch, then give it a try.
If it’s not quite crisped up all the way or isn’t melt-in-your-mouth tender on the inside, give it a few more minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Gnocchi
- 5 Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Garlic Cheese Bread
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
- Tuna Pinwheels
Can You Make Cauliflower Gnocchi in the Air Fryer From Frozen?
You bet! Just keep in mind that cauliflower might take a little longer to cook than traditional gnocchi made from potatoes.
You can keep the air fryer temperature at 400 degrees F, but I would recommend increasing the cooking time to 15-18 minutes total.
Remember to shake the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking!
How to Reheat Gnocchi in the Air Fryer
- Lay the leftover gnocchi in the air fryer in a single layer
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until the gnocchi is crispy and heated all the way through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 pound frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Marinara sauce for serving
- Toss the frozen gnocchi with the oil, garlic powder, and salt until evenly coated.
- Air fry at 400 for 5 minutes, then shake, sprinkle half the parmesan cheese, then return to air fryer and cook an additional 5-7 minutes, or until crispy.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle remaining parmesan and parsley over the gnocchi, then serve warm with marinara sauce.
How to reheat gnocchi:
1. Place gnocchi in the air fryer basket.
2. Heat at 400 degrees F. for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.