This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Is dark meat your favorite part of the turkey? Then you have to try these delicious air fryer turkey wings! They’re a quick and hearty dinner you can enjoy all year round.
When it comes to turkey, nothing beats that tender, flavorful dark meat you get from the wings and the drumsticks.
But when most of us think about eating turkey any time other than the holidays, we probably think of sliced turkey breast from the deli, right?
Thanks to these air fryer turkey wings, you can enjoy juicy, succulent dark meat all year round!
This simple recipe can be ready in about 30 minutes and turns out crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside every time. And it’s so much easier than making deep fried or oven-baked wings!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to cook turkey wings in the air fryer
- Tips for making the best air fried turkey wings
- Flavor and spice ideas for your turkey wings
- How to store and reheat leftovers
This recipe is great for busy weeknights. It can also come in handy around the holidays if you don’t feel like making a whole turkey but still want to indulge in tradition!
If you ask me, there’s never a bad time for some crispy and delicious air fried turkey wings.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How To Make Air Fryer Turkey Wings
STEP ONE: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Spray the wings lightly with cooking oil spray. Place the turkey wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
I recommend using an EVO Oil Sprayer so you can give them a quick spray on both sides.
STEP THREE: Cook the turkey wings for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
STEP FOUR: Allow the wings to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Where Can You Find Turkey Wings?
You can find turkey wings in the refrigerated meat section of most grocery stores. I usually buy Perdue or Jennie-O, but feel free to grab whatever brand is available and looks best to you!
Just keep in mind that for this recipe, you don’t want to buy pre smoked wings that are already cooked. This recipe calls for raw turkey wings to ensure proper cooking times.
Can’t find pre smoked turkey wings? You can buy normal raw turkey wings and use the spice suggestions later in this article!
How Long Do You Cook Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer?
The FDA recommends cooking poultry to 165 degrees F for it to be considered safe. For me, I find that cooking the wings for about 25 minutes total, flipping once at the 15-minute mark, is an adequate amount of time.
Of course, the cooking time can vary based on the size of your wings, so I always recommend using a meat thermometer.
I love to use my Kizen Instant-Read Thermometer to take a quick temperature read to keep as much heat in the air fryer as possible.
Tips for Cooking Air Fried Turkey Wings
- Don’t stack your wings in the air fryer basket, as this can cause uneven cooking and keep the skin from getting crispy.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F without overcooking the wings.
- Use an EVO Oil Sprayer instead of PAM spray. You can read more about why you should never use PAM in your air fryer here.
- For extra crispy wings, add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to the wings before cooking. Make sure to tap off any excess before laying them in the air fryer basket.
How to Store Leftover Turkey Wings
Any leftover turkey wings can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As long as they are stored properly, the wings will stay fresh for up to four days.
Other Flavor and Spice Ideas for Making Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer
Want to add a little flavor to your wings? I find that most of the classic chicken wing sauces and spices work great for turkey wings, too! Just toss the wings in the sauce or rub when they come out of the air fryer.
I recommend using these spices with turkey wings that are not pre-smoked for the best flavor.
Here are a few ideas for you to try:
- Lemon pepper dry rub
- Buffalo sauce
- Cajun spice dry rub
- BBQ sauce
- Honey mustard sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Jerk dry rub
- Smoked paprika dry rub
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer
- Spray the frozen wings and the inner air fryer basket with cooking oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Once hot, place the frozen turkey wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the turkey wings for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Allow the wings to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
What To Serve with Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Ritz Cracker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
How to Reheat Air Fried Turkey Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Cook the turkey wings for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Turkey Cutlets
- 3 raw turkey wings, pre-smoked
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the presmoked turkey wings with oil and place them in the air fryer.
- Cook for 25 minutes, flipping them over after 15 minutes of cooking.
- Allow wings to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover turkey wings in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes. Cooking time may differ if just cooking one turkey wing.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Wings in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray the wings with cooking oil, place them in the air fryer, then cook for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 51g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.