Looking for some meatless game day snacks? Crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside air fryer cauliflower wings are so good, even non-vegetarians won’t be able to resist!
Looking for some meat-free options for game day snacking that will still bring the flavor? These easy air fryer cauliflower wings turn out so tasty and satisfying!
The florets have a thick breaded exterior that gets oh-so-crispy while the insides are melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Thanks to the buffalo sauce, you get just the right amount of heat without the wings being too spicy. They’re perfect served with a cold creamy sauce!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer that everyone will love
- What kind of sauce I recommend for this recipe
- Tips and tricks for making the best air fried buffalo cauliflower wings
- How to easily store and reheat leftover air fried buffalo cauliflower
Deep-fried, greasy food has always been a game day staple.
Now, thanks to the magic of the air fryer, you can cut back on the grease and even serve up meat-free finger food that will still have everyone reaching for more!
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water. In a second bowl, combine the almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
STEP THREE: One at a time, dip each cauliflower floret first into the egg mixture, then the almond flour mixture, then egg mixture a second time, then the flour mixture a second time. Set aside on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining florets.
STEP FOUR: Once all the florets are coated, spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil, then transfer the florets to the air fryer basket in a single layer, working in batches as needed. Spray the tops with a little more oil.
STEP FIVE: Cook the cauliflower wings for 14 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway point, until the florets are crispy and lightly golden-brown.
STEP SIX: Meanwhile, mix the melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl, then set aside.
STEP SEVEN: Once all the cauliflower is air fried, add the florets to the hot sauce mixture and toss until fully coated.
STEP EIGHT: Return to the air fryer and cook for 4 more minutes before serving.
What Kind of Hot Sauce is Best for Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Wings?
For me, Frank’s Buffalo Sauce is a classic. Or, if I have Frank’s Red Hot on hand, I’ll use my Homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe to really dial in that flavor I’m craving.
But if you prefer Buffalo Wild Wings, Anchor Bar, Primal Kitchen, or any other brand, feel free to use those instead.
If you want to add a little sweetness, you can always give my Honey Buffalo Sauce a try as well!
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Make sure to spray the florets with a good amount of oil before cooking as it helps the breading caramelize better.
- Lay the cauliflower wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer with minimal overlap to ensure they cook evenly and that the breading can get fully crispy on the outside.
- If you’re short on time, you can skip Step 7 and Step 8 and just drizzle the butter and hot sauce mixture over the cauliflower before serving.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- 2 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Ranch dressing
Can You Store Leftover Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites?
If you’re lucky enough to have some extra cauliflower wings, don’t let them go to waste!
I recommend refrigerating the cauliflower in an airtight container and enjoying the leftovers within 3 days.
How to Reheat Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the leftover cauliflower wings in the air fryer basket.
- Cook until crispy and heated through, about 5 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Game Day Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Pigs in a Blanket in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Game Day Recipes
More Cauliflower Recipes
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
Even non-vegetarians will go crazy for these air fryer cauliflower wings! The breading is irresistibly crispy while the buffalo sauce adds just the right amount of heat.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds, cut into bite-size florets (rinsed and dried prior)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour, blanched
- Oil for cooking
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional) for serving
- Celery stalks for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F according to manufacturer instructions (usually it’s 4-5 minutes). Cosori 5.8 quart
- Prep. Prepare a large bowl or baking sheet where you are going to arrange the florets. Prepare one bowl with lightly beaten eggs and a tablespoon of water. Second one with almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder salt, pepper. Place cauliflower florets in a separate large bowl. Dip each floret into egg, then almond flour mixture, then egg again and flour.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, transfer the cauliflower into the basket (spray the basket lightly with oil or use air fryer basket liners), spray more oil on top of the florets too. Set timer for 14 minutes, shaking the basket at 7 minute mark.
- You’ll need to do this in 2-3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- The florets should be crispy, lightly golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare another large bowl with hot sauce and melted butter, set aside.
- Once all the cauliflower is cooked, add it to hot sauce bowl and toss until full coated. Return to air fryer for 4 minutes. You can skip the last step and drizzle the cauliflower with hot sauce mix once serving.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrots, blue cheese sauce.
How to reheat buffalo cauliflower wings:
1. Heat the cauliflower at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until hot and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.