Looking for a show-stopping main course with minimal prep time? An easy dry rub on this air fryer pork roast ensures it cooks to flavorful, tender perfection!
Cooking for a special occasion but don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all day? This air fryer pork roast only takes minutes to prep!
And thanks to the dry rub and the magic of the air fryer, the result is a mouth-watering entree fit for any celebration.
While the hands-on prep time is very minimal, the pork does need to be refrigerated with the dry rub for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
As long as you factor that time into your planning, the actual recipe couldn’t be easier!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My super simple and delicious method for making pork roast in the air fryer
- How long to cook a pork roast in the air fryer
- Tips and tricks for this recipe to ensure your roast turns our perfectly
- The best way to store leftovers
As a lean meat, pork roast is very easy to dry out in the oven. But with the air fryer, it turns out tender and juicy every single time.
Even if you’ve had bad experiences with pork roasts in the past, this hassle-free recipe will turn you into a believer!
How to Make This Air Fryer Pork Roast Recipe
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Pat the pork roast dry.
STEP TWO: Combine the seasonings in a small bowl, then rub the mixture over the pork.
STEP THREE: Wrap the roast tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
STEP FOUR: When ready to cook, remove the pork from the fridge and preheat the air fryer oven to 360 degrees F.
STEP FIVE: Place the roast inside, skin side up, and spray it with a little oil. I recommend using an EVO Oil Sprayer.
STEP SIX: Air fry for about 50 minutes (25 minutes per pound of meat) until the internal temperature reaches 140-145 degrees F in the center of the thickest part using an Instant-Read Thermometer.
STEP SEVEN: Carefully remove the roast from the air fryer and place it on a cutting board.
STEP EIGHT: Cover the roast with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving.
How Long Do You Cook Pork Roast in the Air Fryer?
You want the air fryer pork roast temperature to reach at least 140 degrees F in the center of the thickest part of the meat.
With the air fryer at 360 degrees F, you should plan to air fry the roast for about 25 minutes for every pound of meat.
So for a 2 pound roast, that would be 50 minutes total.
Of course, I always recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer for the most accurate cooking time.
Keep in mind that the internal temperature will continue to rise a few degrees after you take the roast out of the air fryer, so you can pull it out right when the roast reaches 140 degrees F.
What Cut of Pork Do You Use for this Roast?
If you’re planning to make this recipe, ask your butcher for a 2-pound boneless pork loin roast.
I wouldn’t recommend getting a bone-in roast as the cooking time and temperature will be slightly different.
You don’t want to get anything bigger than 2 pounds or it won’t fit properly in your air fryer.
This will be enough meat to feed 4 people, so it’s great for special family dinners.
If you’re planning to have a few more people, you can whip up some hearty sides to make sure everyone has plenty to eat!
Tips for Making The Best Air Fryer Pork Roast
- Give the pork loin as much time in the refrigerator with the dry rub as possible. This is going to add so much amazing flavor to your roast!
- Depending on the shape of your roast and your air fryer basket, you may want to cover the top of the pork loin with foil to keep it from scorching.
- Make sure you let the pork roast rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. This will allow the meat to reabsorb all the juices so it doesn’t become dry.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Pork Roast
- 4-Ingredient Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash Slices
Can You Store Leftover Pork Roast?
Absolutely! Don’t let one bite of that delicious roast go to waste! Simply store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-4 days.
Other Air Fryer Pork Recipes You’ll Love:
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Thick Pork Chops in the Air Fryer (Chili Lime Flavor)
- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- SERVE WITH potatoes, rice, steamed vegetables
- Pat the pork roast dry. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl, then rub the mixture over the pork. Wrap the roast tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the pork from the fridge and preheat the air fryer oven to 360°F.
- Spray the inner basket of the air fryer with cooking spray, then place the roast inside, skin side up, and spray it with cooking spray. Air fry for 50 minutes (~25 minutes per lb of meat) (covering it with foil to keep it from scorching if necessary) until the internal temperature has reached 140-145°F in the center of the thickest part.
- Carefully remove the roast from the air fryer and place it on a cutting board. Cover it with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 503mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 42g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.