Need to feed a crowd? No matter the occasion, there’s never a bad time to make homemade air fryer ham with pineapple glaze! Juicy, oh-so-flavorful, and ready in 1 hour.
Looking for an easy-to-make dish that will impress a crowd? This air fryer ham with a rich pineapple glaze is perfect for holiday feasts, birthday celebrations, or even just a nice family dinner!
From start to finish, this recipe will be ready in about an hour, but the hands-on prep only takes a few minutes.
Simply combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan, pour over the ham in stages, then let the air fryer handle the rest. It’s hard to believe how easy this one is!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- My favorite method for making a spiral ham in the air fryer with a rich pineapple glaze on top
- Tips for making the best ham with pineapple glaze
- How long to cook ham in the air fryer
- Variations for your glaze
While air fryer ham is easy enough to make for a family dinner, I love making it for big gatherings. Since the ham cooks in the air fryer, that leaves my oven free for any other sides or desserts!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Add the butter, brown sugar, honey, and pineapple juice to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir, bring everything to a simmer, then remove from heat and set aside.
STEP TWO: Lay two large sheets of aluminum foil in the air fryer basket. Set the ham in the middle, folding up the sides slightly.
STEP THREE: Brush the ham with ⅓ of the pineapple glaze.
STEP FOUR: Fold the foil over the ham to cover, then air fry at 320 degrees F for 20 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Fold the foil back and brush another ⅓ of the glaze on the ham.
STEP SIX: Skewer each maraschino cherry on a toothpick. Hold a slice of pineapple on the top of the ham with one hand, and push the toothpick through the hole and into the ham. Cover the ham with the foil again and air fry for another 20 minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Fold the foil back, brush the ham with the remaining glaze, and air fry uncovered for an additional 5-8 minutes at 380 degrees F until the top is browned and the ham reaches 145 degrees F internally.
STEP EIGHT: Allow the ham to rest for at least 10 minutes. Pour any glaze that collected in the bottom of the foil over the ham before serving.
Tips for Making Spiral Ham in the Air Fryer
- Try to choose a smaller ham that will fit in your air fryer. If it doesn’t quite fit or is touching the top, you may need to trim some of the ham.
- If you have time, let the spiral ham rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours before cooking. This will allow it to cook more evenly in the air fryer.
- Don’t discard the juice that collects in the bottom of the foil! Instead, pour it over the ham right before serving for extra glaze-y goodness.
How Long Do You Cook Air Fryer Ham?
Because spiral hams are pre-cooked, we are simply using the air fryer to get the exterior nice and crispy while heating the interior.
There’s nothing better than a hot and juicy ham with a rich glaze on top!
I find that cooking the ham for 40 minutes covered in tin foil, then 5-8 minutes uncovered is the perfect amount of time.
For the last 5-8 minutes, you’re simply browning the exterior of the ham, so you’ll want to keep an eye on it.
You can also use an Instant Read Thermometer to help you determine when the ham is done cooking.
Once the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F, you’ll know it’s been heated all the way through.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Ham
- Cornbread Stuffing
- Fall Fruit Salad
- Green Bean Casserole Without Mushroom Soup
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Pineapple Sauce for Ham
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pineapple
Variations For This Recipe
The ham itself should always be cooked the same way since our goal is simply to heat it through. But if you want to play around with different flavors, feel free to switch up the glaze on top!
- One popular alternative is a butter and brown sugar glaze.
Combine a ½ cup of butter, ⅓ cup of brown sugar, and a ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering, then follow the rest of the recipe as usual.
- Switch out the sauce in the recipe with our delicious pineapple sauce for ham recipe!
- You can skip the pineapple slices and cherries on top.
- For a sweet and tangy glaze, simmer together 1 cup of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 1 cup of light brown sugar.
Again, you can skip the pineapple and cherries.
What to Do With Leftover Air Fryer Ham
Spiral hams make fantastic leftovers! Let the ham fully cool, then wrap tightly in saran wrap or aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I love making ham sandwiches with leftover bread rolls, chopping some up in my morning scrambled eggs, or just cutting off a few slices to appease my house guests while I get dinner ready.
It’s a great way to tide everyone over until the full meal is served!
You can also cut them into slices, like ham steaks, and reheat them in the air fryer!
Other Crowd Pleasing Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Corned Beef
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- 1 3-pound fully cooked ham (slightly trimmed to fit your air fryer)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (from can)
- 3 canned pineapple slices
- 3 maraschino cherries
- Add the butter, brown sugar, honey, and pineapple juice to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer, then remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Lay two large sheets of aluminum foil in the air fryer basket and set the ham in the middle, folding up the sides slightly.
- Brush the ham with 1/3 of the glaze. Fold the foil over the ham to cover, then air fry at 320 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Fold the foil back and brush another ⅓ of the glaze on the ham.
- Skewer each maraschino cherry on a toothpick. Hold a slice of pineapple on the top of the ham with one hand, and push the toothpick through the hole and into the ham. Cover the ham with the foil and air fry for another 20 minutes.
- Fold the foil back, brush the ham with the remaining glaze, and air fry uncovered for an additional 5-8 minutes at 380 degrees F, until the top is browned and the ham reaches 145 degrees F internally. Allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving with the glaze in the bottom of the foil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 2219mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 51g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.