This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
For a delicious dinner that takes minimal prep work, try making frozen pork chops in the air fryer! They’re juicy, packed with flavor, and ready in less than half an hour.
I am always looking for recipes that can go from freezer to table in under an hour. Whether I forgot to defrost dinner or have some last-minute guests showing up at my door, these dishes are a lifesaver.
So I couldn’t believe my luck when I found out you can make frozen pork chops in the air fryer in less than 30 minutes!
They turn out super tender and juicy while a bold dry rub gives them amazing flavor. And prep seriously couldn’t be easier.
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to make frozen boneless pork chops in the air fryer
- What kind of pork chops are best for this recipe
- Ideas for other seasonings to use with your pork chops
- What to serve with this dish
- How to reheat leftover pork chops in the air fryer
From special occasions to family dinners, this recipe is sure to come in handy again and again. It’s so simple, plus you can throw together a salad or side while the air fryer works its magic.
If you have pork chops hiding in your freezer, definitely give this method a try. You’ll wish you’d tried it sooner!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the frozen chops inside your air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 380 degrees F for 5 minutes to defrost.
STEP TWO: Meanwhile, mix together the seasonings and brown sugar in a small bowl.
STEP THREE: When the timer is done, open the basket and transfer the chops to a cutting board.
STEP FOUR: Spray the chops with cooking spray, then sprinkle the dry rub all over the chops.
STEP FIVE: Return the chops to the air fryer basket and continue cooking for 12-18 minutes or until the middle is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
STEP SIX: Allow the chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
What Kind of Pork Chops Can I Use?
For this recipe, I use frozen boneless pork chops with no breading. If your pork chops are already thawed, that’s no problem. Just skip ahead to step three!
You could also make bone-in pork chops using this method. They may take slightly longer to cook, although the cooking time will depend more on how thick the cut is and less on whether it’s bone-in or boneless.
Looking for a recipe that includes breading? Make sure to check out my Breaded Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops!
You can also use thawed pork chops using these seasonings by following the time and temperature in this Air Fryer Pork Chops post.
How to Know When the Frozen Pork Chops are Done Cooking
Because the cooking time is going to depend on the thickness of the chops, I always use an Instant-Read thermometer.
Once the center reaches 145 degrees F, the pork chops are ready to come out of the air fryer and cool down for a few minutes.
How to Freeze Pork Chops Individually
Freezing pork chops separately makes it easy to only grab as many as you need.
Simply wrap each pork chop individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place them in a larger freezer bag.
You can put multiple chops in one bag since the individual wrapping will keep them from sticking to one another.
How Long Can You Freeze Pork Chops?
According to the FDA, frozen meats like pork chops can last between four and twelve months in the freezer.
Storing the cut properly will ensure it lasts longer without losing any quality.
Other Seasonings You Can Use
- Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning Mix
- Grill Mates Mesquite Seasoning
- Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- Flying Swine Whiskey Maple BBQ Rub
- Kosmos Q Honey Killer Bee BBQ Rub
And if you want to top your pork chops with bbq sauce, use our easy 2 ingredient bbq sauce recipe!
What Can I Serve with Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops?
- Cheesy White Bean Tomato Bake
- Easy Homemade Garlic Cheese Bread
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
You can also serve them with these other air fryer vegetables too!
How to Reheat Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the leftover pork chops in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed through.
Other Air Fryer Pork Recipes You’ll Love:
- Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Honey Garlic Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Steaks
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Ribs
- 4 1-inch thick boneless pork chops, frozen
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Place the frozen chops in the air fryer in a single layer. Defrost the chops in the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- While the chops defrost, mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the timer is done, open the basket and remove the chops to a cutting board. Spray them with cooking spray, then sprinkle the dry rub on all over the chops.
- Return the chops to the fryer basket and continue cooking for 12-18 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chops), or until the middle is no longer pink, and reads 145 degrees F when probed with a meat thermometer.
- Allow the chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Pork Chops in the Air Fryer:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place the leftover pork chops in the air fryer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until they're thoroughly warmed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 37g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.