Easy air fryer chicken parmesan is coated in crispy breadcrumbs, hot and juicy on the inside, smothered in marinara and melted mozzarella, and oh-so-irresistible!
I can never have too many easy recipes that I know will be devoured by kids and adults alike.
And when it comes to crowd-pleasing meals that can be ready in 45 minutes flat, you just can’t beat this air fryer chicken parmesan!
The chicken breasts are coated in crispy breadcrumbs, cooked to golden perfection, and smothered in marinara and melted mozzarella.
And the chicken stays perfectly juicy on the inside! No dry chicken breast here.
Whether you’re looking for a high-protein meal that tastes like comfort or you’re craving Italian-inspired flavors, there’s never a bad time to make this air fryer chicken parm recipe.
It’s one you’ll come back to over and over!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Parm
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, pounding them to even thicknesses as needed, then set aside.
STEP THREE: In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, 6 tablespoons of Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs.
STEP FOUR: Dip each piece of chicken in the whisked eggs, let excess egg drip off, then press the chicken pieces into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly.
STEP FIVE: Place the chicken parmesan in a single layer in the air fryer, working in batches if necessary.
STEP SIX: Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray, then air fry for 8-11 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chicken is golden and mostly cooked through.
STEP SEVEN: Carefully spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over each breast, then sprinkle with mozzarella.
STEP EIGHT: Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
STEP NINE: Serve hot with a green salad or over pasta with more sauce.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmigiana
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Garlic Cheese Bread (or Garlic Bread in the Air Fryer)
- Roasted Carrots and Asparagus
How Long to Cook Chicken Parm in the Air Fryer
One of my favorite parts about making this chicken parmesan recipe in the air fryer is how much faster it is compared to baking it in the oven.
The chicken breasts cook in 15 minutes flat!
Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you want to cook them for 8-11 minutes to start, being sure to flip halfway through.
After that, smother them with marinara and mozzarella, then continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. This should only take another 2-3 minutes.
However, you do want to move quickly during this step. If the chicken sits out too long, it might start to cool down, and it will take longer to cook all the way through.
Move carefully but quickly, so you don’t lose too much heat.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Try to slice the chicken breasts as evenly as possible so they will cook at the same rate.
- If your chicken breasts are very thick, you may want to pound them down. Again, try to keep each piece around the same thickness.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. It’s better to cook in batches so the hot air can properly circulate around the chicken and crisp up the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure to flip halfway through so the chicken will crisp up evenly on all sides.
- Try to add the marinara and mozzarella quickly so the chicken won’t cool down too much. I recommend having the marinara and cheese ready to go so you can work quickly but carefully to avoid spilling in the air fryer.
More Delicious Breaded Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich
- Breaded Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops
Other Delicious Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Cornish Hen
- Air Fryer Gnocchi
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Prime Rib
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Teriyaki Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Thin Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs (regular, panko, or combo)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup marinara sauce, plus more for serving
- ½ mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, pounding them to even thickness as needed; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, all but 2 tablespoons of Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg, and let the excess egg drip off. Press the chicken pieces into the breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 8-11 minutes, flipping halfway, until the chicken is golden and mostly cooked through. Carefully spread 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over each breast, then sprinkle with mozzarella. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 772mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.