This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Enjoy a tender and juicy meal in minutes with this air fryer steak recipe! Cook your t-bone steak to perfection every time with the help of an air fryer.
Who would have thought that you can use your air fryer to make a delicious, mouthwatering, t-bone steak? This is one simple, keto-on-accident recipe that you’ll want to keep on hand! Air fryer t-bone steak comes together in just over 30 minutes. All you need is your steaks, an air fryer, and some seasoning.
You can enjoy this air fryer steak recipe all year long without the hassle of using a grill. Your air fryer can achieve the crispy, golden, seared exterior on your t-bone steak without any of the char or smoke.
If you’ve ever wondered how to cook a steak in the air fryer, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy it is. Plus, you can also prepare frozen steak in the air fryer for even more added convenience and ease.
Grab your apron, heat up your air fryer, and let’s get started!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to cook t bone steak in the air fryer
- How much time you’ll need to serve up a rare, medium, or well-done t-bone steak
- How to cook frozen t-bone steak in the air fryer and how to reheat it
Impress the carnivores in your life with this easy air fryer steak recipe. Even the most passionate grill masters will be surprised at how good an air fryer steak tastes!
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to make Air Fryer Steak
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Take the steaks out of the fridge and bring them to room temperature. Rub with olive oil and then season with your steak seasoning.
STEP TWO: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP THREE: Place the steak in the air fryer basket or air fryer oven. The cook time will depend on how you’d like your steak cooked. Cook for about 13 minutes for medium-well and see the temperature guide below for more options. Flip the steak halfway through the cooking process.
Remember to keep in mind the thickness of the steak. A thick steak will take longer to cook!
I recommend checking on the internal temperature of your steak by using an Instant-Read Thermometer. That way your steak is cooked perfectly every time!
STEP THREE: Remove the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
Cooking Temp Chart
Follow this cooking temp chart for perfectly cooked air fryer t-bone steak:
- 9-10 minutes for rare
- 11-13 minutes for medium
- 13-15 for medium-well
How to Tenderize T-bone Steak
T-bone steak is naturally very tender, so you don’t need to do much to tenderize it. The best way to keep it that way is to cook quickly over high heat.
That’s why your air fryer is the perfect solution!
Other Seasoning Ideas for Your Steak
Don’t underestimate the power of salt and pepper seasoning for your air fryer steak.
You can also add herbs like rosemary, sage, or thyme to your salt and pepper mix.
What to Serve with Air Fryer T-bone Steak
You can also check out all of the air fryer vegetables you can make in your air fryer too.
Can I Cook Thicker Steaks in the Air Fryer Too?
Yes, you just need to be aware that thick steaks take longer to cook. Your cook times will vary based on the thickness of your steak. To ensure that your steak is cooked, use a food-safe thermometer.
For a rare steak, the temperature should be 120 degrees F, for medium-well, 140 degrees F.
How to Freeze T-bone Steak
To freeze t-bone steak, wrap each piece in plastic wrap as tightly as you can.
Place the steaks in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for 4-12 months.
How to Cook Frozen T-bone Steak in the Air Fryer
- Rub your room temperature steaks with olive oil and then season with steak seasoning.
- Wrap each steak in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to cook, spray your air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
- Place the frozen steak inside and cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
How to Reheat T-bone Steak in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the cooked t-bone steak inside.
- Air fry for 3 to 5 minutes, until warmed through.
You can read more about reheating steak in the air fryer here.
Other Kinds of Steak to Cook in the Air Fryer
The possibilities are endless when it comes to other kinds of steak to cook in the air fryer.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer London Broil
- Stuffed Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Steaks
- Air Fryer Ham Steaks
- 25 Recipes with Leftover Steak
- Air Fryer Tuna Steaks
- 2 1-pound t-bone steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning, or your favorite steak rub
- Bring the steaks to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Rub the olive oil over the steak, then season with steak seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place the steak in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 9-10 minutes for rare, 11-13 minutes for medium, 13-15 for medium-well.
- Flip the steaks over halfway during the cooking process. Make sure you take the thickness of your steak into consideration when cooking — thicker steaks will take a bit longer.
- Remove the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
How to Cook Frozen Steak in the Air Fryer:
- Prepare the steaks through step 2, then freeze them in a plastic zipper bag.
- When ready to cook, spray the inside of the air fryer basket with non-stick spray. Place the frozen steak inside in a single layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for 10-15 more minutes, to your desired doneness.
How to Reheat Steak in the Air Fryer:
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket, then place the steak inside.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, until warmed through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 822mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 43g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.